PDA

View Full Version : Mahogany Kitchen and Ent Center

Craig D Peltier
02-20-2011, 12:06 PM
This is a Sapele Mahogany Kitchen and Ent Center. The client didnt want the ribbon grain since it was to match older mahogany in an 1940s condo in Seattle.I had a job trying to pick out sapele and using the B side of the ply to get away from it. This was built for his son whos going to college at the univeristy for 4 years.Then it will be sold.

Joseph D'Orazio
02-20-2011, 7:31 PM
This is a Sapele Mahogany Kitchen and Ent Center. The client didnt want the ribbon grain since it was to match older mahogany in an 1940s condo in Seattle.I had a job trying to pick out sapele and using the B side of the ply to get away from it. This was built for his son whos going to college at the univeristy for 4 years.Then it will be sold.
I am curious about that sink. What style is that called? I really like the wood choice too. Thats a great color.

Craig D Peltier
02-20-2011, 8:03 PM
I am curious about that sink. What style is that called? I really like the wood choice too. Thats a great color.

I dont know the brand but thats a " farmers style sink" It was an old sink.

Joseph D'Orazio
02-20-2011, 8:09 PM
I dont know the brand but thats a " farmers style sink" It was an old sink.
Thank You Craig. I just recently restored an old 1947 Chambers stove for my mother and I think she would love to have me install a sink like that. She has been hinting real real hard about a standalone sink and counter. Now I have something to search for.

Craig would you mind if I use that image to ask others if they know where I can locate on old one?

Mike Cozad
02-20-2011, 8:41 PM
Joseph, if you Google farmhouse sink you will undoubtedly find a sink your mom will love....

Mike Null
02-21-2011, 5:41 AM
When I was a kid back in Ohio we had a cast iron pump to the right side of that sink.

Joseph D'Orazio
02-21-2011, 6:34 AM
Joseph, if you Google farmhouse sink you will undoubtedly find a sink your mom will love....
Wow, your right. Thank You. My Mother had been trying to describe that type sink and I just was not getting it. Now I get to surprise her.