PDA

View Full Version : New to me old Walker Turner Jointer

Tim Livingston
02-20-2011, 11:11 AM
Saw an online ad Friday evening for a jointer in a nearby town, he had a Jet Planer, Parks bandsaw and performax sander also. He emailed back and said everyone show up at 10 am so I figured he was going to try to get us to bid against each other and raise the prices which he did a little.

I was most interested in the jointer and planer. When we got there the first guy to find the planer in the mess sat on it and said I'll take it, same with the band saw. The guy had some welders and there was some bidding on those but no one seemed interested in the old 6 inch WT jointer.

Initially he was asking $150 but when no one asked him about it I walked up and said $100 and he paused for a moment and said ok. So I brought it home. It came out of the local school system but seems in very good shape. I'm going to take it apart and go through it and fix her up.

Chuck Wintle
02-20-2011, 12:33 PM
nice find... a very good jointer for only $100...

Larry Edgerton
02-20-2011, 5:13 PM
You did well.....

I have some Walker-Turner drill presses and I like them better than most of what is available today. Nice size unit.

Chuck Wintle
02-20-2011, 5:22 PM
the guard looks a little different than the typical jointer...could you take a closer picture of it?

Tim Livingston
02-20-2011, 6:19 PM
I've taken it off already but what kind of shots would you like? It swings side to side and up and down, from what I have found people either love them or really hate them. And to all the freaks that are going to jump on me because I took the guard off please relax, I took it off as part of the restoration process and it will be going back on.

Chuck Wintle
02-20-2011, 7:49 PM
I've taken it off already but what kind of shots would you like? It swings side to side and up and down, from what I have found people either love them or really hate them. And to all the freaks that are going to jump on me because I took the guard off please relax, I took it off as part of the restoration process and it will be going back on.

was just wondering how it worked...i'll see it when you're done with the restoration.

Gary Curtis
02-20-2011, 9:13 PM
How good is Walker Turner? Well when I took my W/T drill press to the local electrical tool repair place to replace the power cord, the owner of the shop asked me several times to sell it to him. He would let me name the price.

Their equipment is industrial grade.

Neil Brooks
02-20-2011, 10:19 PM
I'm curious why nobody has mentioned that Tim sucks ?

Tim: you did good. I'm envious. Enjoy :)