PDA

View Full Version : Delta 1440 46-715 Lathe tips

Matthew Dworman
01-19-2005, 2:43 PM
Hi Guys,
This is my first post in the turning forum as I am just starting turning. I picked up my first lathe today. A used Delta 1440 46-715 and am very excited to start turning. I have read on amazon about a lot of people complaining about the rattling and vibration of this lathe. This on has it, but it's not bad, just a bit annoying. Have any of you encountered this and found a fix for it?
Thanks,
Matt

By the way, I can't wait to start learning things about turning from you guys.
MD

Richard Allen
01-19-2005, 4:20 PM
Bill Boehme has that lathe and he spent a good deal of time working with Delta to get it all working right. He claims that the lathe is terrific, which is an unusual claim for that lathe. Bill can be found on a different woodturning form. The TOS for SMC preclude me from telling you more about that forum. Fortunatly his name is unusual enough that a google will get you on the path to finding him.

Good Luck

Gary Max
01-19-2005, 5:25 PM
That is the lathe I own. If there is anything I can help you with send me a PM.
I turn several days a week and have been very happy with my lathe. I have taught several people how to turn on this lathe. It is not a lathe that cost thousands of dollars, but it does a great job. I have a post about Tiny Goblets that shows my 46-715. I turn everything from bowls to pens on my lathe.