PDA

View Full Version : The sights and smells of SPRING

Van Huskey
02-19-2011, 7:58 PM
I woke up this AM to the first dusk to dawn shorts weekend we have had in the LONG 7 week winter we have had in southern Louisiana. The boats have been buzzing and rumbling past my house all day and the smells of outdoor cooking have been wafting through the air and driving my hound crazy.

We normally just summer down here but with the LOML deciding to go back to school we are here full time for the first time in February. It will be nice to be here through the entire Mardi Gras season (though I will be traveling a lot).

If you haven't been to Mardi Gras you are missing one of the great American good times, if you haven't been to NOLA and the surrounding area well shame on you. :p

Just nice to be warm and on the water, BEFORE the mosquitoes get bigger than your fist. :)

David G Baker
02-19-2011, 11:58 PM
Between 8-14 inches of the white stuff predicted between Sunday afternoon and mid day Monday. Over the past week around 15 inches of snow has melted and the temp was approaching 50 degrees but now we pay for the week of nice weather.

Belinda Barfield
02-20-2011, 7:20 AM
Van, same for us here. First short weekend. I'm sitting here typing with the windows open, listening to the birds. It's great. This is also the first pool weekend, although I won't be hitting a poolside chair until next weekend probably. Around here we're starting to get worked up for St. Patrick's Day, similar in party nature to Mardi Gras. It's nice to be outside without melting and before the sand gnats get cranked up!

Rick Moyer
02-20-2011, 9:43 AM
Friday it got well into the 60's, most of the snow is gone now. Then Saturday it was back to the 30's with 50 mph wind gusts. Geez, Friday was a nasty tease. wintry mix coming Mon-Tues. Come on Spring!

Leigh Betsch
02-20-2011, 10:26 AM
Full scale rip roaring blizzard going on here today, 12" of snow coming, 40 mph winds, can't see further than 200 yards right now, but at least is warm, 15F. Everything is shut down. As long as we don't loose power it should be a good shop day though!