PDA

View Full Version : Jamieson LG-640 questions

Don Young
02-19-2011, 7:40 PM
I just unpacked my new Jamieson LG-640 and I need a little help with some specifics on getting started. A trip for training all the way to Connecticut was out of the question but now I am thinking twice about it. Anyone out there have any experience with this machine and able to answer a few quick questions ? :confused:

Everett White
02-19-2011, 7:59 PM
I have the MT-530. I did go to Jamison and really enjoyed the training (and the deli nearby).

I would be glad to help if I can.

Don Young
02-20-2011, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the offer. I would really like to go out to CT but can't at this time. I am really surprised they don't offer a Skype on-line training. My experience so far has been less than stellar. The laser arrived with a few extra screws and washers lying in the cabinet below the engraving table. I have no idea where they belong and training wouldn't solve that. As soon as I hooked everything up and turned the machine on, the table moved up and bent the copper tube that supplies the air assist. I am really not having a good go of it yet. I am also surprised that it has no measuring rulers attached to the table for the x and y-axis. This was so common among the US made machines. My shop has been placed on hold until I can resolve some of these issues and if you can offer me some help, I would appreciate it greatly.
Don