PDA

View Full Version : PSI overarm TS dust collector?

Greg Urwiller
02-18-2011, 9:26 PM
Just getting my DC set up. I'd like to go with some kind of TS blade cover that I can hook up to the DC in conjunction with the cabinet hose. Is the Penn St Industries overarm blade dust collector any good? Anyone have one, used one, whatever? I have the plans to build the blade cover/guard, with the structural pivot mechanism. But I'd still have to come up with some way to attach it over the saw. Since I'm not sure of the "permanent" location of the saw, I'm not going to go with a ceiling mount, so it would be a TS corner mount like the PSI. Since I haven't built anything like this, I'd probably try to copy the PSI anyway, so buying it from them would probably be easier and cheaper in the long run. And, the Excalibur is a little pricey in comparison. Yes, I know it's probably better, but. Any suggestions? Thanks. Greg

Van Huskey
02-18-2011, 10:48 PM
The PSI is OK for DC but not so good as a guard. IF you can swing it the Excaliber is a MUCH better product, but I think you already know that.

glenn bradley
02-18-2011, 10:51 PM
I have the Penn State and it has done OK. I have moved it form one saw to another. Really hard to beat for the price. It is easy to set up and swings easily out of the way when required. I would recommend a 2HP DC minimum. The excalibur is quite a bit better unit. Larger dust path diameter, heavier construction, etc.

Rod Sheridan
02-19-2011, 2:35 PM
Hi, before I replaced my saw, I had a cabinet saw with an Excalbur overarm guard.

It was a great guard, I'm thinking of putting it on my new saw...........Rod.