PDA

View Full Version : Jet 14 x42 and Jet 16 x42 share the same bed.

Bob Bergstrom
02-18-2011, 11:06 AM
Our club (Illiana Woodturners) is hosting David Belser Saturday morning and we bought in one of the club members 16" x 42" lathe. The club has a 14" x 42" inch Jet at the club. No one realize until we set the two side by side that the legs and the ways were exactly the same. We just slide the bigger lathe's headstock, banjo, and tailstock onto the 14x42 bed and the guy took his legs and bed back home. Just thought it might be something that should be shared.
Oh. I am all excited. I have both David Belser and Alan Carter staying the night at my house. It is going to be a fun time listing to those two talk shop.:)

Steve Schlumpf
02-18-2011, 11:10 AM
Oh. I am all excited. I have both David Belser and Alan Carter staying the night at my house. It is going to be a fun time listing to those two talk shop.:)

Maybe do an interview and post here? We would all love to be able to sit in on those conversations! Have fun!

Bob Bergstrom
02-18-2011, 11:16 AM
I have to brush up on my short hand, oh wait, maybe I can wear a wire and record them. I try to post anything that pertains.

Dick Wilson
02-18-2011, 11:31 AM
Bob, You are one lucky dude! I would love to meet Alan seeing as we have e-mailed and he did a marvelous critique of one of my suspended forms on WOW. It would be great to meet David as well, you have a learning experience coming your way.

Fred Perreault
02-18-2011, 5:01 PM
An audio recorder would be great...!