PDA

View Full Version : Pen directions needed

Donny Lawson
02-17-2011, 9:22 PM
I bought a Cigar pen kit from Woodcraft and 2 Cigar kits from PSI but I have no directions on how to make and put it together. Anyone have something available I can use or print out ? I really want to make one this weekend. Also, what size blank do I need to use? 3/4 x 3/4 x 5 work ok ?

James Combs
02-17-2011, 9:32 PM
Donny, I make pens but I have yet to make a cigar pen, however, for any of the pens I have made I have always been able to down load the instructions from the vendor's web site. You should be able to find a link on the same page for the cigar pen that links to the instructions. Worst case use the vendors search box and type in pen instructions or cigar pen instructions. That should get it for you. A 3/4 x 3/4 x 5 blank should work for any pen that I am familiar with.

David E Keller
02-17-2011, 10:17 PM
I've only used Berea kits, but I'd imagine they're all the same. You need a 10mm drill bit. The bushings are arranged as follows(from the cap end): Second smallest, largest, second largest, and smallest. The short tube goes between the first two(cap end) and the long tube goes between the next two(nib end). If I'm not mistaken, the arizonasilhouette website has pdf files of the assembly with photos. It's one of my favorite kits, so give me a shout if you have any questions.

Dave Bell
02-17-2011, 10:22 PM
Donny,

If you go back to the PSI web site, go to the pen kit you purchased and on that web page there will be a link to the Product Instructions. This will be a downloadable PDF document that you can save to your computer files for future reference.

Dave

I bought a Cigar pen kit from Woodcraft and 2 Cigar kits from PSI but I have no directions on how to make and put it together. Anyone have something available I can use or print out ? I really want to make one this weekend. Also, what size blank do I need to use? 3/4 x 3/4 x 5 work ok ?

Michael James
02-17-2011, 11:13 PM
Donny,

If you go back to the PSI web site, go to the pen kit you purchased and on that web page there will be a link to the Product Instructions. This will be a downloadable PDF document that you can save to your computer files for future reference.

Dave
ditto for wodcraft

Wayne Hendrix
02-18-2011, 12:13 AM
On Woodcraft's homepage click on the large green tab that says Project Supplies, then Pen Kits, then the kit that you need instructions for (this may require several selections), once you get to a page where all the individual kits are displayed scroll down until you see the box that has two tabs one for Information and one for Instructions, click on the tab for Instructions and select the instructions you need. It will pop up a pdf file that you can print out.

On PSI's homepage click on the tab that says Pen Kits, then the kit that you need instructions for (this may require several selections), once you get to a page where all the individual kits are displayed select one and to the right of the picture will be a link to product instructions with a pdf icon, click on Product Instructions and a pdf file will come up that you can print.

I usually print one for each kit I buy and keep them in the shop for reference. Everytime I dont reference the instructions I tend to screw up something like wrong size drill bit or something else stupid.

Donny Lawson
02-18-2011, 6:44 AM
Thanks, I'll look it up. I do need instructions for these. All I have made in the past are slimlines and these have more parts.

Thomas Canfield
02-18-2011, 10:31 PM
Craft Supply also has instructions for their pens that can be downloaded. Better check the actual dimensions of the tubes and fittings against the bit sizes and bushings.