PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Visit: Nate Davey

Alan Trout
02-17-2011, 9:20 PM
No body every comes and visits me In South Texas so when I saw Nate Davey would be in town I figured it would be a great opportunity to meet a fellow Creeker. He was pretty busy all week but he and I both had a couple of free hours this afternoon. Nate wanted to see some of my work and figured I would show him around town a bit.

I took him to one of the galleries in town that has my pieces as well as our local woodcraft. I also took him by one of my cruddy old houses that I am restoring right now as well as show him a few trees I would not mind taking a chainsaw to.

This is a photo of Nate and I next to a mesquite burl that I would love to have. It was taken by my 6 year old little boy. He really likes to take pictures and jumped at the chance to use daddy's camera. I am hoping for a good windstorm or an Arborist to say this section of the diseased tree needs to be removed. ;)

Nate is a heck of a nice guy and I really enjoyed talking to him and showing off some of my goodies. As well as showing him around some of the older sections of town.

It was a great visit and I am really looking forward to the next.

Alan

charlie knighton
02-17-2011, 9:36 PM
thanks for sharing

James Combs
02-17-2011, 9:37 PM
Always great to hear about Creeker visits. As for the burl, maybe you can get the local tourism commission to designate the tree as an eyesore and you can volunteer to take it down for them.:D

Nate Davey
02-17-2011, 9:43 PM
And the photos of his blue vessel and walnut hollow form do not even come close to doing them justice. Absolutely the most spectacular works of art I've ever seen. Thanks for the hospitality and good conversation Alan. We did leave an offering of BLO an WOP at the burl. :).

David E Keller
02-17-2011, 10:12 PM
Glad to hear that you two were able to meet and greet! Alan, your son takes nice photos as well.

John Keeton
02-17-2011, 10:15 PM
Sounds like you guys had a great time! Alan, you have a budding photographer - excellent composition on the photo.
Congrats on a great creeker visit!

Alan Trout
02-17-2011, 11:36 PM
These Creeker visits are great. Its funny you have never heard someones voice but yet when you meet its like you have known them for years. I guess its that common bond we all share. Yes my boy is quite the smart kid. He was pretty cranky this afternoon. He was hungry and tired. But he is a great kid. I also want to thank Nate for his military service. I know how much my father sacrificed. He is one of those rare WWII, Korean, and Vietnam vets, and I really appreciate anyone that serves so we can have the freedom and privileges we all share as Americans. My hat is off to you Nate.

Thanks,

Alan

Rob Sitze
02-18-2011, 8:07 AM
He still hasn't grown any hair. Glad to see he was able to meet a fellow creeker. Sounds like fun.

Nate, you are bringinig that burl home right?

bob svoboda
02-18-2011, 8:45 AM
Sure looks and sounds like fun. Congrats on a great Creeker visit!

Steve Schlumpf
02-18-2011, 9:07 AM
Always happy to hear of a Creeker get-together! Sounds like you guys had fun! Nice photo!