PDA

View Full Version : Engrave by colour & speed in xenetech rotary?

Andrew Mammoliti
02-17-2011, 8:36 PM
Hi guys, on the plate is a object that is round with an smaller circle in the center with some other notches to be cut in that circle for a E-stop button. There is also text in there arced left and right and top too. So my ? Is I want the speed and colour to match the speed settings in the speed menu, so when doing the cut out part, it cuts slower than the engraved text part, called xenetech and they can't get it to work either, so does this work at all?

Tony Lenkic
02-18-2011, 11:41 AM
Andrew,

The way I have it figured out is that in settings under layers you would set each color as a factor of your max pre-set speed meaning if on the pendant you have speed set to 100% and you would like to set text as black color in layers set factor of 100 for black. For circle use next color (brown) and enter speed of 200 in speed factor and it will slow down your circle cutting speed to 50%. Make sure you check "use engrave speed" button at the bottom of the window.
This works just fine on my system. Call me if you have further ?

Andrew Mammoliti
02-18-2011, 3:40 PM
Hi Tony, that seems to work good!!!

Thanks Andrew

Tony Lenkic
02-18-2011, 3:52 PM
Andrew - You can tell Xetetch tech support that it does work next time you talk to Ben.

Andrew Mammoliti
02-18-2011, 4:27 PM
Yes for sure, I don't know why we need to figure these things out on our own.