PDA

View Full Version : Mini-Monster on my Oneway 1224

Joe Bradshaw
02-17-2011, 6:39 PM
183040This is my Mini-Monster as I am in the process of ruining another hollowform.

Jon McElwain
02-17-2011, 6:47 PM
That's a good looking hollowing rig. Even better looking lathes!

John Keeton
02-17-2011, 6:51 PM
Joe, doesn't look like it is ruined to me!! Nice looking setup, and I think I even see some tools buried beneath the shavings!! If that old junky lathe in the background is getting in the way just let me know.;):rolleyes: I'll get it out of the way for you - no charge!:D

Joe Bradshaw
02-17-2011, 7:36 PM
John, that is a really generous offer, but, I have managed to get glue and finishing material all over it. From seeing the pictures of your shop, it is too dirty for you to get near. I really like the Mini-Monster, but, I get chatter when I work a long ways over the tool rest, so I ordered a Monster from Randy today. Pictures when it comes in.

Roger Chandler
02-17-2011, 7:40 PM
Feel the Joy!!! Congrats on the rig!

John Keeton
02-17-2011, 7:47 PM
Joe, I think you will enjoy the extra stability of the regular system. On the ol' beat up, nasty, dirty Oneway - I would be willing to suffer through the grime - just as a favor to you, mind you!

Steve Schlumpf
02-18-2011, 9:36 AM
Nice setup Joe! Looking forward to seeing the hollow form once finished!

Just curious - I notice how you have the articulated swing arm positioned. I have the elbow on mine so that it is located on the other side - away from me when turning. The way you have the arm in the photo, I would think it would tend to get in your way when hollowing the side walls or shoulder areas. JMO.

bob svoboda
02-18-2011, 10:13 AM
Looks great, Joe. I like the shop, the lathe, the sawdust and the HF. Thanks for sharing.

Joe Bradshaw
02-18-2011, 1:40 PM
Steve, I normally(if anything about turners is normal) turn with the arm positioned on the other side. I had it this way for the photo.

gary Zimmel
02-18-2011, 9:17 PM
Got to love a shop with a lot of saw dust in it....
Congrats on the new rig Joe.