View Full Version : So many things to try, so little time!

Richard Kennedy UK
02-17-2011, 5:40 AM
Whilst sitting not turning over Christmas I was able to trawl the internet looking at other peoples work! Its given me loads of ideas and lots of stuff to try sadly though I seem to have more ideas than there are hours in a day. Yesterday I made this piece its the first time I have tried a NE design in this shape but was great fun to do! What would you like to try that you have never attempted before?

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww9/r1kx/Nat-Edge-Green-Oak.jpg

C&C welcomed as ever!

Scott Hubl
02-17-2011, 6:02 AM
Yes, I'd like to try that "Rainbow Finish" you posted yesterday.

But you did not answer how to do it. I can't travel to the U.K. to take the guys demo or classes.

I do have about 10 colors of TransTint dyes mixed with denatured alcohol on hand.

The effect you achieved was very nice, and I would like to know how you achieved it.

Thanks

Richard Kennedy UK
02-17-2011, 6:43 AM
Check the other thread Scott I have put the How to!

John Keeton
02-17-2011, 6:56 AM
Richard, you have done your typical quality work on this piece! Very well done, and some nice character to the oak!

bob svoboda
02-17-2011, 9:04 AM
Very nicely done, Richard.

Scott Hubl
02-17-2011, 9:30 AM
Thanks Richard, I see it now and replied.

Another nice turning and take care of that foot dude.

David E Keller
02-17-2011, 10:04 AM
Another neat piece! I fully share your perdicament... More inspiration than time to explore. I'd love to play around with more carving, coloring, and embellishing. I want to play around with small scale pieces as well. One day...

Darren Jamieson
02-17-2011, 1:37 PM
I really like the NE bowl. I have done one but mine was to small to get that real nice shape you got. If I could actually get more then about 3 hours a week in the shop I think I could begin to get some of the thing competed that I think would be fun.

Steve Schlumpf
02-17-2011, 2:59 PM
Very nice natural edge bowl Richard! Hope your foot is doing better!

"What would you like to try that you have never attempted before?" There are a number of things I would like to try and most all of them have to do with embellishing. First, I would like to learn how to carve, pierce, burn and airbrush! On the second day I would like to learn about patinas, texturing and using materials in addition to wood! On the third day...