PDA

View Full Version : Keeping DC Hose on Machine

Dan Stuewe
01-18-2005, 1:13 PM
I have the 13" 2-speed Delta portable planer with the OEM DC chute. I put a quick connect fitting on the end of the 4" flex hose for my DC but the flared end of the quick connect 1. barely fits over the opening of the planer DC chute and 2. doesn't stay on with out me holding up the hose (basically the weight of the hose pulls it off the planer). Any ideas to make this thing stay (and remain a quick connect fitting)? This is the type of fitting i bought:

Michael Perata
01-18-2005, 1:28 PM
I used a clevis pin (local hardware store item) to keep my "quick connection" hose fittings together.

You can find clevis pins with key rings at one end, and small ball bearing keepers at the other end. Provide a string or small chain to keep the pin with the hose end and you won't lose it.

Doug Shepard
01-18-2005, 1:28 PM
Well here's my 2 cents. Buy a clevis pin and slip a short length of chain or cord thru the hole on the pin and attach the other end to the planer. Hold the connection together and drill a hole thru both parts for the clevis pin to slip into and keep the parts from pulling apart. Someone's bound to have an even better suggestion. That's just the first thing that came to mind.

Ted Shrader
01-18-2005, 2:27 PM
Dan -

Welcome to the Creek. A great place to hang out and exchange ideas.

Thanks for jumping in.

Regards,
Ted

Bryan Nuss
01-18-2005, 3:08 PM
You can always use short bungee cords as shown in photo.

Darren Ford
01-18-2005, 3:34 PM
Dan,

I think your problem is "by design". The picture clearly indicates that you purchased a "50% off" quick disconnect. Sounds like its working. I bet you thought half-off referred to the price. :)

Maurice Ungaro
01-18-2005, 4:02 PM
If you can't fix it with duct tape, just do all your planing outside, where the mess don't matter.

Maurice

Tim Palmer
01-18-2005, 5:01 PM
Hey Dan,

My suggestion would be to use a short piece of 4" hose and attach it to the planer with a hose clamp so it can not com off then attach a male quick disconect to the other end of the short piece of 4" hose. The male quick disconect is probably metter designed at hold the female quick disconect like you have. Good luck.'

Tim

Wes Newman
01-19-2005, 8:24 AM
Dan, I've got one of the Male disconnects on my tablesaw and one of the Female quick disconnects on my dust collector, it still doesn't work very well. I was thinking about filing down the inside of the quick disconnect, to give it some grip and make the I.D. a little larger.