PDA

View Full Version : CorelX%

Kathy Madan
02-15-2011, 4:06 PM
Arghh! Once again I get caught out with the new x5 liking CMYK, but not my Epilog. I upgraded to X5 for the better importing features from 11 and really like certain aspects of the program, but keep running into the whole CMYK thing.
I opened an old 11 file to use a logo for a company, added in the new text they wanted and of course the logo wanted to engrave in CMYK which gave a whole greyscale box around the entire thing. Not acceptable. In 11, the logo engraves almost like a line drawing. Plus all the text came in as CMYK also. That wasn't an issue since I was starting with new text. I just didn't catch the logo until I sent the job over.
When I start a new job, I have the defaults set to RGB, but does anyone have suggestions on how to make all my old files open RGB instead of CMYK?

This is going to be a PITA if I have to check all old files for use in X5.

Thanks

Mike Null
02-15-2011, 4:55 PM
I had that issue but managed to solve it. I can't remember what did the trick but it wasn't something routine. If I can remember I'll post it. In the meantime you should review Roy Brewer's tutorial. You can find it at EngravingConcepts.com.

Kathy Madan
02-15-2011, 5:32 PM
Thanks Mike, I will take a look. I was trying to do a search earlier for posts by Roy, but I haven't figured out the new forum/search engine thing yet. I couldn't find any of his posts.

Jeff Aichinger
02-15-2011, 9:35 PM
Kathy
please look here for help solving some issues in X5
http://www.epiloglaser.com/tl_colormgmt_corelx5.htm

Mike Null
02-16-2011, 4:24 AM
http://www.engravingconcepts.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&layout=item&id=26&Itemid=67

Kathy Madan
02-16-2011, 5:25 PM
Jeff, Thanks for that link. Looks like it did the trick. The confusing part is that when I click on the objects/text it still shows CMYK colors, but when sent to the engraver, it works fine.

Bill Cunningham
02-17-2011, 8:25 PM
A quick fix can be had by publishing the file to a .pdf, and charge the .pdf parameters to RGB
When your ready to save it, choose setting, advanced, under color management, choose output all objects as RGB or Greyscale.. The import the .pdf and bingo it's converted..