PDA

View Full Version : Bamboo Iphone cases

Joe Kace
02-15-2011, 1:46 PM
Hello everyone,

Has anybody had any experience with these? Engraving,selling etc. I found what I think is a good deal on them and was looking for opinions. I see some selling on Ebay and Etsy but not really alot.

Thanks
Joe

Gary Hair
02-17-2011, 2:05 PM
Where have you found a source Joe? I have searched all over, but obviously not everywhere..., and haven't found any.

Gary

Joe Kace
02-17-2011, 6:29 PM
I sent you a PM

Alick Ford
02-18-2011, 6:01 PM
Check out grove iphone cases, very high end but give you an idea of what they can sell for!
I have tried various samples from China, but none of them are anywhere near the quality of the grove cases.

Alick

Mike Null
02-18-2011, 6:19 PM
Joe

FWIW, a pm with that kind of information isn't quite how we do things on this forum. You're asking for help but then won't post the name of your supplier for all to see.

Joe Kace
02-18-2011, 7:46 PM
Mike
What kind of information are you talking about? The supplier? I asked for help in answering 2 questions which nobody replied for days till now ( thanks Alick ). Am I supposed to post this information in order to get a answer? I'm a little taken by your reply Mike.

Mike Null
02-19-2011, 5:45 AM
Joe

It is a unique item, maybe nobody has had any experience with it or at least those who have have not seen your post. It's certainly your prerogative not to share your supplier information but I haven't changed my opinion.

Dee Gallo
02-19-2011, 8:54 AM
Joe,

This topic has come up a couple of times and nobody has mentioned any luck finding a good affordable source yet. So you might just be the most knowledgeable person so far! Since nobody has experience, nobody can answer your question. IF you had asked about engraving bamboo in general, there have been a few threads about that which a search would pull up for you. It is a very clean & easy to engrave substrate, as it is a straight, fine grained, non-resinous wood.

Please don't be so touchy - this is not a "pay me first" kind of forum, it's a sharing environment that we all enjoy.

cheers, dee

Joe Kace
02-19-2011, 10:21 AM
Dee

Maybe I should have worded my post better , your right. I was looking for engraving techniques but added in the selling part because I didn't have much to go on except for a few examples on the web. Yesterday was a very bad day for me, and I guess the response Mike gave just pushed me into my " touchy " response. I am always willing to help out if I can and share what I know. This resource I found was only emails with a company, and I have no bamboo cases on hand to report on. I have 6 vendors that I have found overseas that have offered me great deals but I have not moved on any of them. If you use Alibaba.com this is were you'll find these. I was quoted $4.62 ea for 100 order but I had to negotiate this deal. The company name is Blue Star Wireless.

Joe

Dee Gallo
02-19-2011, 10:35 AM
Joe-

No harm done, we all have those days. :)

You got a good price, but what is the shipping - that can kill the deal. If you didn't know this, there have been other instances where Creekers have gotten together a group order to share the costs and get a better price for larger numbers, with one guy (like you) who has the original contact. This might be one of those kinds of items, as some of us (like me) might be interested in buying 10 but not 100.

Just so you know, I've engraved bamboo and use 40 speed/100 power/600 dpi when I want a clean engraving, but 25 speed/50 power/600 dpi when I want a darker mark. Two passes at the faster speed will also make a darker mark and deeper engraving. Others have posted pics of cutting boards and flooring done but you'll have to look for those threads.

cheers, dee

Mike Null
02-19-2011, 10:46 AM
Joe

I've re-read my post and I agree, I could have been a little less testy. I have engraved bamboo and really would prefer not to. In my opinion it requires a color fill as the fibrous texture of the engraving needs to be covered.

Joe Kace
02-19-2011, 10:49 AM
I believe their shipping was $180.00 for 100 so the cost would actually be $6.42ea. I have seen these custom engraved going for $39.99 - $49.99. One person on Ebay had 20 sales in January and these weren't even engraved. I would be up to a mass purchase if people were interested. I myself don't want 100 either just because I'm not to sure how these would sell but I would be willing to take 25.

Joe

Dee Gallo
02-19-2011, 10:59 AM
So if you're keeping a list to see what the interest is, sign me up for 10.

Joe Kace
02-19-2011, 1:33 PM
Mike,
Really didn't mean to attack you like that either. It was just one of those days I probably just should have said nothing, but like Dee said no harm no foul and I look forward to helping out some more in the future.

Joe