PDA

View Full Version : Valentines Bowl

Bob Rotche
02-14-2011, 9:06 PM
Hi all-
I've been lurking for about a year but this is my first post. Had rough turned this piece of flame box elder a few months ago and was finish turning it last week when I realized that the flame pattern made it the perfect valentines gift for LOML! She appreciated it, hope you all get at least a little chuckle too. It is 7" in diameter and 2" deep. Walls 1/8 at top, a bit thicker at the bottom. Danish oil and Beal buffed. Now lets just hope I can figure out how to attach pics...

Thanks for looking and thanks for the incredible amount I've learned from you all over this past year.

Bob

Richard Madden
02-14-2011, 9:34 PM
Welcome to the Creek, Bob. That's a fine looking bowl, great shape, and beautiful wood. Hope you will be sharing more of your work.

Brian McInturff
02-14-2011, 9:37 PM
Bob, I think you've been in my Curio cabinet. I have a bowl that looks almost identical to that one. Needless to say you did a great job on that one. FBE is one of my favorite woods to turn and the rewards are the beautiful colors hidden inside. Keep it out of direct sunlight and the flame color will last for years.

David E Keller
02-14-2011, 9:40 PM
Welcome, Bob. The bowl has great color and shape. Please don't be a stranger with your work.

Bernie Weishapl
02-14-2011, 9:41 PM
Welcome Bob to SMC. That is one fine looking bowl. The wood is beautiful. It is no wonder she liked it.

philip labre
02-14-2011, 9:58 PM
Welcome, Bob! Great looking bowl, nice shape and beautiful wood.

John Keeton
02-15-2011, 7:02 AM
Excellent work, Bob! And, great timing for the heart shaped flame figure in the BE. Glad you decided to share your work with us.

Bob Rotche
02-15-2011, 7:20 AM
Thanks for all the words of encouragement. I've been turning for about a year and a half and have been sucked deeply into the vortex! I check this site daily and never cease to be inspired by everyone's creativity and skill. Now that I've broken the ice, I will go ahead and post some of my other pieces over the next few weeks for C+C. I also have registered for a 5 day class next month at the John C. Campbell Folk School in NC and will post a report of my experience there.

Steve Schlumpf
02-15-2011, 7:25 AM
Bob - Welcome to posting on the Creek!!! You'll find that the site has a lot more to offer when you become an active participant!

Good looking bowl! Love all the color! Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

bob svoboda
02-15-2011, 9:50 AM
Welcome and thanks for posting a lovely bowl.