PDA

View Full Version : Creekers in San Antonio

Nate Davey
02-14-2011, 6:07 PM
Business finds me in San Antonio, TX until Friday. Any Creekers in the area or recommendations of places to go to get good turning wood?

charlie knighton
02-14-2011, 6:53 PM
well, ya gotta buy some mesquite

here is something i found in search, i can not recomend b..u..t

give the guy a call, don't go home without mesquite

Texas Premium Mesquite Wood for BBQ. 3" to 6" chunks or 14", 16" or 18" split logs bagged and ready for your grill or smoke box.

$5.00 / 10lbs as much as you want

Need more? I also have 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 or full cords available.

Check out the amazing Mesquite flooring we now sell!
Call Joe for prices.
Have a BBQ business? I am the one you need.
Joe
210-557-5991

enjoy

Alan Trout
02-14-2011, 10:24 PM
Nate send me a PM and I will give you my phone so you can give me a call. I will see If I can find you anything.

Alan

Tim Hughes37
02-28-2011, 12:56 PM
Be sure to visit Rudy's BBQ while you're here in town! The cream corn is in it's own food group! I get a lot of my wood at Alamo Hardwoods on Fredericksburg. Alan can point you in some good directions too.

Tim

Nate Davey
02-28-2011, 6:04 PM
Oh yeah, know all about Rudy's. They are in Albuquerque too

Alan Trout
02-28-2011, 6:17 PM
The problem with Rudy's is the original in Leon Springs is the best and the one over on 151 is pretty good as well as the one in Schertz. When you get out of San Antonio the menu is different and the BBQ is not nearly as good. Back when Doc was alive I use to go the the original in Leon Springs and he was always watching the pit. It was the best back then. There are some great hole in the wall BBQ places around town that are spectacular just not as popular.

Alan

Edward Bartimmo
02-28-2011, 6:51 PM
In San Antonio there is a decent wood store called Alamo Hardwoods, which is located on Fredericksburg Road a mile or so west of I35 toward the northern part of downtown. You will also want to stop at Lulu's backery to either try out the 5lb Cinnamon Roll, Righteous Breakfast Tacos, or massive chicken fried steak (as seen on "Man vs Food"). These two places are within a mile or two of each other. Make a trip of it!!!