PDA

View Full Version : I love LeeValley customer service.

Derek Gilmer
02-14-2011, 10:25 AM
I just had a slight issue with some drawer pulls I ordered. Out of the six that came in one was the wrong size by 1/2. It came in a bag marked with the same model number as the correct ones and with out opening it looked the same. At least to my eye, as I went over the contents when it arrived a few weeks ago. However being in the bag it must have made it less obvious the size was wrong.

But of course last night as I was putting the handles on I noticed the last one didn't match the others. So I don't blame LV for the handle problem. If I couldn't notice it when checking my package there is no way to expect their stock people to see it among the thousands of handles they have in stock.

I know LV has a reputation for great service but having been hassled from other places I was prepped for battle. Pictures of the handle, order screen pulled up on the computer etc. All of which turned out to be pointless. I called LV, was connected directly to a human being, gave Don my order number, described the problem and in under 2 minutes had a replacement handle on the way. As an added bonus I got to hear a Canadian accent instead of someone named "John Smith" from an Asian continent.

It is service like this that makes me feel good about the LV tools I have already purchased. And ease the slight price difference in buying from LV in the future. It is nice to know that good customer service and North American jobs are supported by my purchases. Not a slave labor camp where quality is defined by the most problems a customer will tolerate given a dirt cheap price.

Great service, eh?

Rod Sheridan
02-14-2011, 10:39 AM
Great service, eh?

Ha! We've Canadianised you already Eh?

Resistance is futile............Rod.

Neil Brooks
02-14-2011, 10:44 AM
Ha! We've Canadianised you already Eh?

Resistance is futile............Rod.

Hey, Rod ....

His avatar tells me that you may still have a *tiny bit* of work to do ;)

Derek Gilmer
02-14-2011, 10:54 AM
Hey, Rod ....

His avatar tells me that you may still have a *tiny bit* of work to do ;)

You are correct, Canadian gun laws are a no go for me. Other than that it seems like a great place. :)

But than I'd say the same thing about many U.S. states as well so don't take it personal Rod.

Rod Sheridan
02-14-2011, 11:13 AM
You are correct, Canadian gun laws are a no go for me. Other than that it seems like a great place. :)

But than I'd say the same thing about many U.S. states as well so don't take it personal Rod.

Derek, I have to admit that I missed seeing the firearm in your avatar.

Don't worry about me taking it personally, we're all good friends here on the forum, it's the differences that give us learning opportunities........Regards, Rod.