PDA

View Full Version : Something a little different...

Russell Eaton
02-13-2011, 4:24 PM
This is a project that has several different pieces, 12 in all. It is a necklace "tree" I guess that is what you would call it. All of it is made of Cocobolo, even the dowels that necklace is to hang off of. I even did a little spiral tool work on the base. It looked plain without it. I have a few small problems that I need to address. The top finial is slightly off, as well as the upper part of the main spindle. It was out of round after putting it in the base. I guess all in all it is ok. I am giving it to my daughter for a present. I had to leave the spindle a little thicker than I normally would because she is just 10. I hope it would last a few years. :rolleyes: The base is solid and the total height is a little over 17". The finish is rattle can spray lacquer. Enjoy, Russell

John Keeton
02-13-2011, 4:27 PM
Russell, there is a lot of work in this project!! Nice job, and very functional piece. I am sure your daughter will treasure it, and I suspect it will get passed down a generation or two, as well.

Steve Schlumpf
02-13-2011, 5:18 PM
Wow - very classy looking! Bet your daughter loves it! Very nice work! Thanks for sharing!

Tim Thiebaut
02-13-2011, 6:37 PM
Wow this is very cool, and that cocobolo is just beautiful in this piece!

David E Keller
02-13-2011, 7:51 PM
That's really pretty... I'll bet she loves it.

Baxter Smith
02-13-2011, 7:55 PM
Very pretty and useful too! It will be a hit!