PDA

View Full Version : My dust and chips

Steve Clardy
04-13-2003, 5:05 PM
go here. I do not envy you guys that have to drag collector bags outside to dump. Future plans call for 4' sides to help keep the wind from blowing it out of trailer when it is about full. Notice the wheeled loader on front of trailer. Makes it easier to unload. Ha. Grandkids like to play in trailer.
Steve

Bart Leetch
04-13-2003, 5:35 PM
Is that wood pile an indication of why your not worried about pumping a little heat out doors in the winter?

Keith Outten
04-13-2003, 8:08 PM
Steve,

I'm with you on this one. My dust collector dumps out back of my shop as well. I don't use a long discharge pipe, I think it's only 4" long on the outside of the wall. No Bags! No Dumping! No Filters! When planing lumber I don't have to stop because the bags fill up and the performance is so much better. When the sawdust pile gets large enough this year I'll pitch it right into the composter with the grass clippings then back onto the front lawn.

Ya just can't beat a very big back yard.

Paul Kunkel
04-13-2003, 10:29 PM
except about 5 winter months. I take the filter out & my muffler off and replace it with an elbow that connects to a 6"stovepipe through the roof. Of course with a cyclone, only the finest dust goes out, but it sure beats the noise and hassle of cleaning filters :)

Steve Clardy
04-13-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Bart Leetch
Is that wood pile an indication of why your not worried about pumping a little heat out doors in the winter?

I heat the 40x64 shop with firewood and scraps. Not affordable with LP gas. I loose heat from the collector, but probably not a lot.
I built my wood stove out of a 1000 gallon LP gas tank. Cut it in half [its still 5 foot long], then bricked it in, added a fan on back, metal top to capture the heat and blow it off the stove. Has a 5/16" thick wall 16' flue pipe that hopefully won't burn out in my lifetime. Unless I live to a 100. lol

Steve Clardy
04-13-2003, 11:14 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Keith Outten
[B]Steve,

I'm with you on this one. My dust collector dumps out back of my shop as well. I don't use a long discharge pipe, I think it's only 4" long on the outside of the wall. No Bags! No Dumping! No Filters! When planing lumber I don't have to stop because the bags fill up and the performance is so much better. When the sawdust pile gets large enough this year I'll pitch it right into the composter with the grass clippings then back onto the front lawn.

Right on. I dump mine in the garden and let it rot till next year then till it in. Cheap compost it is!!!!!!
Steve