PDA

View Full Version : Kevlar gloves

Nicholas Lingg
02-13-2011, 8:28 AM
Is one brand of Kevlar glove better then any other? Need to buy a set for my son, who's starting to carve. Thanks Nick

Myk Rian
02-13-2011, 8:58 AM
Depends on the use of the gloves.
If it's for wood working, no glove is safe. They tend to pull hands into things.

Rick Moyer
02-13-2011, 10:31 AM
Is one brand of Kevlar glove better then any other? Need to buy a set for my son, who's starting to crave. Thanks Nick
I know you meant to type "carve", but if he's really starting to "crave" you might consider another type of glove!;)

Neil Brooks
02-13-2011, 11:03 AM
I know you meant to type "carve", but if he's really starting to "crave" you might consider another type of glove!;)

LOL !

It *needed* to be said :D

phil harold
02-13-2011, 11:36 AM
I have used them occasionally, never like to use them on the hand that I hold the knife with, for lack of control

practicing prober technique with sharp tools is safer method in my book than gloved hands

keep red pepper, crazy glue, butterflies and tape near buy when carving even with gloves on

A knife can poke thru a glove and there are other parts of the body that can be cut by accident too

Fred Belknap
02-13-2011, 4:18 PM
I have used them occasionally, never like to use them on the hand that I hold the knife with, for lack of control

practicing prober technique with sharp tools is safer method in my book than gloved hands

keep red pepper, crazy glue, butterflies and tape near buy when carving even with gloves on

A knife can poke thru a glove and there are other parts of the body that can be cut by accident too

I'm curious about the red pepper, whats the skitty on that?

Randy Alkins
02-13-2011, 4:42 PM
I get them from Galeton Gloves, use them to cut butterfish chunking for tuna on a rocking boat at night, still have all fingers and hands. Use a 12" serrated blade and it has yet to cut through. Not to say the point will not penetrate but the blade does not.

phil harold
02-13-2011, 5:44 PM
I'm curious about the red pepper, whats the skitty on that?

red pepper stops bleeding fast!
and
No it does not burn

But if it is deep, I push the skin together and and tack weld with crazy glue

Gary Hodgin
02-14-2011, 12:31 AM
If you haven't done so already, you might want to post in the Woodcarver's Forum.