PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Quality Grinding router tables?

Brian Cosgrove
02-12-2011, 12:19 AM
Hi, I have been researching custom router tables and came across these awesome tops from Chris Brown at Quality Grinding and Machining. My problem is that I cannot find current contact information, leading me to believe that they no longer exist. Can anyone help me?

Myk Rian
02-12-2011, 6:39 AM
I understand they no longer exist.

Norman Hitt
02-12-2011, 7:22 AM
I understand they no longer exist.

Wonder what happened to them?:confused: I guess that means no more "Pimped Out" PM 66's or PM 2000's or TS Table regrinds to better than new tolerances?:( I sure hate to see a good Co. disappear, but I guess that is to be expected in these times when most people either Can't afford, or are hesitant to spend the extra money to go first class.

Keith Starosta
02-12-2011, 7:34 AM
I love my QG router table!! Very sorry to hear that Chris's business no longer exists.

Mark Carlson
02-12-2011, 11:50 AM
I bought a QG router table as soon as I saw one. QG didn't make it through the economy down turn.
The QG table, and my clearvue mini are two of my favorite discontinued products.

Brian Cosgrove
02-12-2011, 12:05 PM
That is really disappointing. A couple months ago I picked up a new Jessem Mast-r-slide for a great deal on craigslist and am planning on using it to build a sliding router table. One of those tops would have been awesome. My brother-in-law is a welder by trade. I may have to get him to weld one and find a machine shop to do the rest. I am currently obsessed.

Brian

Van Huskey
02-12-2011, 4:08 PM
Wonder what happened to them?:confused: I guess that means no more "Pimped Out" PM 66's or PM 2000's or TS Table regrinds to better than new tolerances?:(

Yep, I wanted one but they disappeared before I got one. I did however buy a PM2000 that was destined to be pimped out. A standard PM2000 but had a factory installed US built Baldor motor, the funny thing is I got a DEAL on it because it was not a standard catalog line item.

Norman Hitt
02-12-2011, 4:45 PM
Yep, I wanted one but they disappeared before I got one. I did however buy a PM2000 that was destined to be pimped out. A standard PM2000 but had a factory installed US built Baldor motor, the funny thing is I got a DEAL on it because it was not a standard catalog line item.

Your "Luck" has sure been running GOOD lately on machine purchases hasn't it?:D My PM 66 will have it's 20 th birthday this year and I'm glad they used Baldor motors on them back then.

Van Huskey
02-12-2011, 5:06 PM
Your "Luck" has sure been running GOOD lately on machine purchases hasn't it?:D My PM 66 will have it's 20 th birthday this year and I'm glad they used Baldor motors on them back then.

Well that luck was about a year ago, but it was a good year for "finds".

Jonathan Spool
02-12-2011, 6:45 PM
Too bad to see a company with the customer service level that Chris offered go down. Not only were his products excellent, but he was kinda like Burger King, in that you could have it made your way!

Van Huskey
02-12-2011, 7:09 PM
My brother-in-law is a welder by trade. I may have to get him to weld one and find a machine shop to do the rest. I am currently obsessed.

Brian

Find the machine shop first and get quotes before you proceed. You can get it done reasonably in some areas and some areas it costs an arm and a leg.

Brian Cosgrove
02-13-2011, 10:06 PM
This question is for anyone who has a Quality Grinding router table or extension with miter slot. If the top is only 3/8" thick, I would think the depth of the miter slot would be deep enough to affect the integrity of the steel. Did he use flat bar under this area to solidify the top? Please help if you know the answer. Brian