PDA

View Full Version : New Video: Napkin ring

Bob Hamilton
02-11-2011, 11:32 AM
Hi:
My DVR acquired a new little brother this week so I decided to make this video to put it through its paces. The new lathe is a General International 25-114 M1 Maxi Lathe VF: http://www.general.ca/site_general/g_produits/lathe/25-114.html
The camera is just on a tripod for this one so the angle may not be the best, and I was a few steps into the project before I noticed that the camera was not recording so I try to explain what has gone on so far at the beginning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfrldsntWbA

Take care
Bob

bob svoboda
02-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Enjoyable and educational video. Thanks Bob!

Antonio Martinez
02-11-2011, 12:27 PM
I truly enjoyed your video. I've been wanting to make some but couldn't quite get it straight in my head as to how to turn them, when all of a sudden here's your video. I might enlarge the idea to make bracelets....now there's an idea!

Jon McElwain
02-11-2011, 1:11 PM
Wooden expanding collet chuck - whodathunk? Thank you for sharing your innovative chucking technique. That will definitely go into the old bag-o-tricks!

Great looking napkin ring too...

Baxter Smith
02-11-2011, 1:35 PM
Thanks Bob. Neat job and another thing to try!

Tim Rinehart
02-11-2011, 2:42 PM
Nicely done and creative use of the cone center to expand the split chuck. I was expecting something to come thru the headstock and pull the split chuck ... this was too easy! Thanks for putting that together and sharing, some great techniques there to log.

Bernie Weishapl
02-11-2011, 2:48 PM
Thank you Bob. Now another thing to try doing.

dirk martin
02-11-2011, 3:24 PM
Bob, what software did you use to edit the video...to add the text overlays, and such?

Bob Hamilton
02-11-2011, 6:22 PM
Thanks, all!

Dirk, I use Corel Video Studio Pro X3 to edit my videos, cutting out dead time and adding transitions and such, but the text overlays are done after uploading to Youtube using the annotation tool. I can do it in my editing software and probably should so my original copy would have them, but I have not been doing it that way.

Take care
Bob

dirk martin
02-12-2011, 10:47 PM
I've never posted to You Tube....they have an annotation tool?
Interesting.
Something I might have to check out.

David E Keller
02-13-2011, 12:26 AM
Congrats on the new lathe, Bob! The video is great as usual, and I'll have to remember that little chuck idea... It's a good one.