PDA

View Full Version : Specs on 6" flex hose and 7" to 6" coupler

Joel Griffies
02-11-2011, 10:06 AM
So finally pulled the trigger. Have a Grizzly 2HP cyclone on its way and was ooking for specs onthe 7: to 6" coupler I have seen in a few setups from folks on here who have been kind enough to share pics of their shops and DC setup.

Also, several people have recommended Wynn Env for 6" flex hose, but they have a few diff varieties (thicknesses) at diff prices obviously so was wondering which ones people have used. If there are other choices for 6" flex that I am missing would love to hear about those too. Planning to run 6" PVC and use small amounts of flex at tools.

THanks!!!

Joel

John Coloccia
02-11-2011, 10:12 AM
Call up the guys at Wynn. Last time I called, we ended up chit chatting for 10 minutes about baby monitors, I think. VERY friendly. They'll explain all the advantages and disadvantages of the various types of hose. Essentially, the cheaper one is less puncture resistant than the more expensive ones, but call them up :)

George Bregar
02-11-2011, 10:17 AM
So finally pulled the trigger. Have a Grizzly 2HP cyclone on its way and was ooking for specs onthe 7: to 6" coupler I have seen in a few setups from folks on here who have been kind enough to share pics of their shops and DC setup.

Also, several people have recommended Wynn Env for 6" flex hose, but they have a few diff varieties (thicknesses) at diff prices obviously so was wondering which ones people have used. If there are other choices for 6" flex that I am missing would love to hear about those too. Planning to run 6" PVC and use small amounts of flex at tools.

THanks!!!

Joel Coupler: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?102828-Grizzly-G0440-Cyclone&p=1033943#post1033943

glenn bradley
02-11-2011, 12:09 PM
I went 7" to 6" right at the blower. The outer diameter of a 6" coupler fit the 7" blower opening near-perfect (a thin and narrow film of silicone holds it in place) and of course, the 6" ASTM-2729 fit the inside. Here's a shot of the coupler in place before the pipe was added.

George Bregar
02-11-2011, 12:20 PM
I went 7" to 6" right at the blower. The outer diameter of a 6" coupler fit the 7" blower opening near-perfect (a thin and narrow film of silicone holds it in place) and of course, the 6" ASTM-2729 fit the inside. Here's a shot of the coupler in place before the pipe was added. I posted a link to your previous post on this because I bookmarked it :D

Rick Moyer
02-11-2011, 3:13 PM
I purchased a Fernco coupler (Lowe's) and connected it right at the blower as well. It fit over the inlet and the 6" astm2729 fit nicely inside the other end.

glenn bradley
02-11-2011, 5:20 PM
I posted a link to your previous post on this because I bookmarked it :D

Well, I'm a silly goof. I was so anxious to post the pic I didn't even notice. :o:o:o

George Bregar
02-11-2011, 7:42 PM
Well, I'm a silly goof. I was so anxious to post the pic I didn't even notice. :o:o:o No take pride that your work is going to save me time trying to figure out how the heck to make that transition. And I really should have credited you in the post, so my bad.

Joel Griffies
02-19-2011, 9:34 AM
Hey Glenn, Thanks for the response on this post. Just ahd the unit delivered yesterday and trying to decide exacty how/where to place it. One of my decisions is how to place so that I can then build a wall around it a tthe end of my shop once I am done. My issue, which it looks like you had as well, is that I would prefer not to have the intake and output to the filter at opposite sides of the setup. From your pic (THANKS!) it looks like you have the intake and out put both on the same side. Any problem with that? I am considering assembling so that they are 90degrees diff instead of 180. It doesnt look like there should be a problem with that but any problems with your setup or thoughts why there would be?

Thanks, and I would love to see pics of your finished setup if you jave any on here!

Thanks again

Joel