PDA

View Full Version : Which New Sander?

Larry Frank
02-10-2011, 4:53 PM
I have to replace my 1/4 sheet dewalt sander that I have used for cabinet doors, panels and face frames. I am looking at several options such as the Festool RTS 400 EQ. I want a sander with a retangular sanding pad for panels and frames, light weight and good dust control.

I am also ordering a Festool CT 26 dust extractor. I could get one of the combo deals with a dust extractor and sander but also wonder if there is another sander that I should be looking at.

Callan Campbell
02-10-2011, 9:24 PM
I own this sander. It replaced a 1/4 sheet Makita that was nice too, but underwhelming with dust collection. The Festool is easy to control as well.

Zack Teal
02-10-2011, 10:09 PM
if ur going to order the festool ct26 i would get a festool sander along with it. you can get a deal if you order them as a package

Joe Jensen
02-11-2011, 12:59 AM
You can't believe how well the dust collection works with Festool sanders. Once I bought my first one, I ended up replaced all the rest within 6 months. I have the RTS and it's a very nice sander with fantastic dust collection...joe

Ryan Hellmer
02-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Makita also makes a 1/3 sheet sander that is excellent. I never liked 1/4 sheet sanders anyways.

Ryan

Paul Canaris
02-11-2011, 4:20 PM
I would start with the ETS 125. It is easy to use and is the closest in size to most 1/4 sheet sanders and it is small enough to do most detail work. I would later add on a 150 for larger surfaces. For big surfaces nothing works like a drum sander (Jet, performax etc) or a wide belt sander. If you can't afford or justify one, find someone who has one and bring beer. The dust extractors are a must have and one of the best things Festool does.

Larry Frank
02-11-2011, 8:04 PM
Thanks for the comments - I just ordered the CT 26 and RTS 400 EQ. I can not wait for it to get here.

Tim Mahoney
02-11-2011, 8:49 PM
don't waste your money on the Festool sand paper. It's junk and expensive. The paper at HD works better.