PDA

View Full Version : Colorado info

Jerry Crawford
01-16-2005, 5:14 PM
I live in Ft Collins and am new to Colorado. Where is a good shopping place for used hand tools out here?

Robert Ducharme
01-17-2005, 12:58 AM
Welcome to the area.

Sorry I don't know where you can get hand tools other than through the internet, and woodwoorking shows. There is a small store in Loveland. Might also try Sears Trostel at 351 Linden St in Ft Collins. Check the phone book.

Jerry Crawford
01-17-2005, 6:33 AM
Gee, that's too bad. I'm not talking new stuff, BTW, I'm refering to old iron. Sort of like a supermarket shop for old tools (I'm beginning to miss Maine)

Scott Parks
01-17-2005, 11:02 AM
I spend most of my time in the Denver area. I too was wondering where to go rust hunting. I've been thinking of flea markets or garage sales, but I suppose its the wrong time of year for that. But whatever I do find, I really dont have a place to play with them...

Ronald Anderson
01-17-2005, 10:47 PM
Hi Jerry,

Welcome to Fort Collins. I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed in searching for used hand tools here if your coming from New England. What luck you do have will probably be at the Flea Markets south of town. There are two different vendors that sell tools at Ft. Collins Flea Market (6200 S. College Ave.) Virtually all of the used tools that I have purchased locally have been from there. Good Luck....

Ron

Jerry Crawford
01-17-2005, 11:15 PM
thanks Ron, I'll give them a cruise