PDA

View Full Version : Looking for lasertile in BC, WA, OR.

stefano panusa
02-09-2011, 6:04 PM
Hey all,

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a lasertile dealer in these areas? in order of pref:
1) British Columbia
2) Seattle (and surrounding areas)
3) Portland (ROADTRIP! Woo!)

Looking locally, I seem to only find tile stores that want to sell high end granite, marble, etc.

I looked into online ordering, but would prefer to save the shipping. PMs would be great.

Appreciate any input or suggestions.
Cheers.

Dan Hintz
02-09-2011, 9:11 PM
Have you looked at 3Score's website? They have a dealer locator. Besides, standard tile stores aren't the best place to look for LaserTile as it's a specialized item meant for laser engravers (though a few select stores may carry it).

john passek
02-09-2011, 11:30 PM
Hi Neighbor
I haven't tried the lasertile yet but have used the black granite tile from Home Depot and it looks ok for certain projects like grave markers and other exterior uses.
It might be helpful if we knew what you are using it for. Photos, detailed art work etc.

Lee DeRaud
02-10-2011, 12:33 AM
I admit it's been awhile since I bought any, but I was under the impression that 3Score (AKA "West Coast Lasertile") was the only place to buy Lasertile from. That's the bad news. The good news is, they're somewhere in Oregon. http://www.lasertile.com/

Lee DeRaud
02-10-2011, 12:37 AM
Have you looked at 3Score's website? They have a dealer locator.When they say "dealer", it looks like they're talking about people selling already-lasered tiles/murals/whatever, not people selling the raw material.

Tom Sieczkarek
02-10-2011, 9:24 AM
I talked to a Rep last week and found that 3 score (AKA West Coast Lasertile)
is in the process of bankrupcy and is being bought by a company called Architectural tile (same phone #). I was told they will still sell lasertile but may not be selling the laser glass line. http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/s.gifI found this by accident when I did a search for laser tile on e-bay and came across a company selling wall murals (complete) for about $20 Sq.Ft. So I made a phone call. They told me the ebay items are their displays.The problem I have is buying from a distributer that is now my compeitition and will undercut our pricing. I will keep a watch on this one.

Dan Hintz
02-10-2011, 9:29 AM
I believe the glass line has been "canceled" for a year or two now... it has been discussed before, I remember that much.

Gary Hair
02-10-2011, 1:10 PM
I haven't dealt directly with the manufacturer, but have heard some horror stories. Please do your research on them before you commit to buying anything more than a few tiles.

stefano panusa
02-10-2011, 1:23 PM
Thanks everyone for your info, very much appreciated for a rookie such as myself. I should have mentioned it was for photos, I'll try and remember to be more specific in the future.

I'll keep an eye on their site and perhaps get the samples they offer, but move towards experimenting with what the local HD and the Lowes has to offer.

Thanks again

Chris DeGerolamo
02-10-2011, 4:26 PM
I would not buy the materials if I were you. We've got some of the tiles that turn out ok, but nothing like they are advertised. The glass tile is pretty much garbage - the only way we got it to retain any contrast once mounted was to paint the 'coated' side of the tile with black spray paint and then with a heavy white primer.

Brian Knuckles
06-28-2012, 1:02 PM
Here is what I learned.

3 score is out of business they filled for bankruptcy. West Coast LaserTile is there own business & not in any way associated with 3 score and Paul (the former owner of 3 score).

Hope that helps.