PDA

View Full Version : SCMS/RAS Fence Options

Jonathan Spool
02-09-2011, 4:59 PM
I am in the midst of designing a bench for my SCMS and RAS. I have a Saw Helper Ultra fence setup, along with associated stops and crown attachments that I am considering utilizing. However, I am a little torn between committing my beloved Saw Helper, which IMO is the best mobile setup for the SCMS ever made, to a shop bench. Using the SH fence for bothe the shop bench and being made removeable for mobile use is not attractive to me at this juncture. Since I probably won't be mitering with the RAS, and it will only be used for 90 degree work, I think I can incorporate one leg of the Ultra fence across the RAS as well.
Now, before I do so, I want to check what my alternatives are. I am aware of the Beisimeyer system, which is a fence/stop system on a MDF laminate table. I am also attracted to the Pro-stop, or Digi stop system which either is an excellent DRO fence system, but doesn't include a table.

I would be interested in hearing about other options that are available to me, and if I were to get a DRO system, what kind of benchtop mount would you utilize?

Jonathan Spool
02-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Anyone ever set up one of these?
http://www.digi-kit.com/digistop.htm

Jay Brewer
02-10-2011, 3:24 PM
Hi Jonathon, I haven't used that fence system, but I do have a couple of their Pro-Scales, and they are quality pieces. I am in the same boat as you, I'm trying to come up with table/fence system for my Kapex. I know I would tear the Kreg or similar systems up in a week.

If your looking to spend that much money, take a look at the JA Dawley Glide Stop. It is a nice fence and has some great accessories for miter saws.

Hope this helps.