PDA

View Full Version : going insane installing LV tail vise..help??

everett lowell
01-16-2005, 1:47 PM
Can you guys give me any advise on installing my new Lee Valley tail vise?This is my first shot at one of these, and it came with no insrtuctions.I am copying John Dingmans bench(sorry John!)but this makes having a cabinetmakers bench that is within my buget.I dont have all the smarts i'd like to have so any pics would be very helpfull.Many thanks to anyone who can give me a hand.:o

Steve Cox
01-16-2005, 2:06 PM
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&p=45114&cat=1,41659

I presume you are talking about the twin screw vise. Follow the above link, look towards the bottom and find a link to instructions. FOLLOW THEM PRECISELY!!! It is rather straightforward to do but there are several steps to be done in order and to dimensions.

everett lowell
01-16-2005, 4:48 PM
No,Steve its not the end vise,its the other one and they dont make instructions for it.But thanks anyway.:)

jay hanks
01-16-2005, 5:17 PM
Call Lee Valley customer service, I understand they are very helpful. I would start with them, they may have something they can fax or mail to you.

Greg Hairston
01-16-2005, 6:39 PM
Everett,
I just received my Tail Vice this week. I opened the box and said "Great no instructions" . So I am in the same boat as you. If you get any info please let me know

Greg

everett lowell
01-16-2005, 7:25 PM
Greg,I just spent about three hours messing around with it I think I got it! I'll go see if my son will take a few pics and put them on here-I dont know how!:confused:

Greg Hairston
01-16-2005, 10:46 PM
Thanks Everett. I am probably going to need it

Greg