PDA

View Full Version : Remote switch for 5hp cyclone

Dave Bonde
02-09-2011, 1:04 PM
I would like to build a remote switch for my 5hp cyclone. I would like to use one of the 110 volt long ranger type remotes to activate a contactor. I have read the posts in the archives and think I understand the concept but am not user on the exact part I need and wiring. Will this Square D Contactor 2 Pole 30 AMP 220v Coil 5hp DP32V09 (ebay) work for me and does someone have a wiring diagram for this type of setup. Thanks

Alan Schaffter
02-09-2011, 2:26 PM
I would like to build a remote switch for my 5hp cyclone. I would like to use one of the 110 volt long ranger type remotes to activate a contactor. I have read the posts in the archives and think I understand the concept but am not user on the exact part I need and wiring. Will this Square D Contactor 2 Pole 30 AMP 220v Coil 5hp DP32V09 (ebay) work for me and does someone have a wiring diagram for this type of setup. Thanks

Is your Long Ranger rated for switching 220V? The Long Ranger output voltage should be the same as the contactor coil (24V, 110V, 220V, etc.) and its current rating the same or greater than the coil.

Here is a circuit that uses a remote with 110V output to power the coil on the main contactor. It has a high dust alarm and a second contactor (Allen-Bradely 700-HA32A) that turns off the DC when his barrel is full. If you don't have one of those you can bypass that part of the diagram:

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/data/378/medium/control.JPG

Bob Wingard
02-09-2011, 3:17 PM
You can go to the CLEARVUE web page, and look at the instructions for assembling/installing one of their cyclones. It very clearly shows how to wire it, and which contactor they recommend.

Bob Wingard
02-09-2011, 3:21 PM
Go to the CLEARVUE CYCLONE webpage ... they shoe exactly which coild to use, and how to wire it, using a cheap Christmas Light Remote Control. Your current choice of contactor would work, but it requires 240V to the coil, meaning the remote would be much more expensive. I've used the ClearVue setup for about 4 years, and it's worked great.

Dave Bonde
02-09-2011, 9:31 PM
Thanks guys, that is the info I was looking for. Dave