PDA

View Full Version : This Guy Really Burns Me Up!

Kevin Gregoire
02-09-2011, 12:19 PM
i don't know about the rest of you but this moron that sued Ryobi because he did something stupid and cut his fingers off on a table saw really burns me up!!

and i see that he just won his lawsuit for 1.5M
http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/25130/man-wins-big-money-in-tablesaw-lawsuit

this just boils my blood when i see stupid lawsuits like this, if he can win money for cutting off his fingers on a table saw that doesn't have the Sawstop technology on it i should be able to sue Chevrolet when i wrecked my 68 Chevelle and it didn't have airbags in it?

this is about as stupid as that old lady that sued McDonalds cause she put a cup of hot coffee between her legs to hold while she was getting the rest of her food and the lid popped off and spilled the hot coffee on her and she won a ton of money for that.

people are just sue happy for the stupidest stuff and i cant believe judges or juries allow it.

Matt Meiser
02-09-2011, 12:22 PM
You just saw this?

Kevin Gregoire
02-09-2011, 12:23 PM
he just won the lawsuit but its been going on for several years

edit* my mistake, i got an email and an article was pointing to a post about the lawsuit getting settled but it was a year ago.

but still, im angry over this

Neil Brooks
02-09-2011, 12:33 PM
If I wasn't in the courtroom, didn't read all the transcripts, or ... equivalent ... I'm rarely going to have a strong opinion on things like this.

And I wasn't.
And I didn't ;)

The more one digs, almost always, the more complicated the situation starts to appear, and the less it looks like what we usually assume it looked like, when we first heard about it.

Ben Hatcher
02-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Let the countdown for this thread to be closed begin...

Ray Newman
02-09-2011, 12:46 PM
In some bloog or article I read that Ryobia will or is appealing. Does anyone heard if that is really true or know about the status of the appeal?

Rick Prosser
02-09-2011, 12:53 PM
If I wasn't in the courtroom, didn't read all the transcripts, or ... equivalent ... I'm rarely going to have a strong opinion on things like this.

And I wasn't.
And I didn't ;)

The more one digs, almost always, the more complicated the situation starts to appear, and the less it looks like what we usually assume it looked like, when we first heard about it.

Yep, that is the best approach. For instance, I found the McDonalds coffee incident way different than how it appeared in the press - once I read the transcripts.

Countdown continues...;)

Dan Hintz
02-09-2011, 12:56 PM
I found the McDonalds coffee incident way different than how it appeared in the press - once I read the transcripts.
Same here... interesting, wasn't it?

Brian Kent
02-09-2011, 12:56 PM
What happens when you pour scalding hot coffee on a Sawstop, or drop a Ryobi table saw on your lap at McDonalds? I'd prefer the first, though it could wreck a very nice blade.

John Coloccia
02-09-2011, 12:57 PM
Brake or not, I intend to keep my lap and surrounding areas far far away from my Sawstop.

Bruce Page
02-09-2011, 1:13 PM
Guys, this is old news that has been hashed & rehashed and rehashed again.

I'm closing it.