PDA

View Full Version : Installing a Rousseau router table insert

Bart Leetch
01-16-2005, 11:53 AM
I have a Rousseau router table insert & in reading the instructions it tells how to use the pattern to route out for the insert but I don't see instructions to make provision for the insert levelers. The levelers hang down further than the bottom of the rabbit that the plate sets in.

The only way I can see to do this is to use the plunge router & plunge some deeper areas where the levelers will contact the top. Does this sound like it will work or what the manufacture had in mind?
:confused: :)

Stefan Antwarg
01-16-2005, 12:52 PM
I also just purchased this router plate. There are very clear instructions how to instal the levelers. If you have not received a response, I will post the instructions later after I go to my workshop.

Stefan

Ted Shrader
01-16-2005, 1:34 PM
Bart -

I bought mine several years ago "pre-leveler". I just routed the rabbet the the opening. My my leveling system is real high tech - A piece or two of masking tape. Doesn't have to be just at the corners either, it can go all the way around. :)

I'm sure Stefan or someone will hook you up with instructions for the levelers.

Ted

Stefan Antwarg
01-16-2005, 2:03 PM
Here you go:

Bart Leetch
01-16-2005, 3:42 PM
Thanks guys

I guess we should have waited until we were not so tired to read the instructions. What was clear as mud last night :eek: is very easy to understand now. :) :) :) :D