PDA

View Full Version : anyone buy from RabbitlaserUSA?

Dan Ashlin
02-08-2011, 9:33 PM
So, i've done some soul searching and some bank account searching and have come to the conclusion that the best replacement for my ancient speedy 1 would be a rabbit RL-80-1290 120w laser. I wanted to know if anyone has bought from rabbitlaserUSA and what they thought. also, is there a chinese laser alternative to rabbit? I've searched the forums endlessly and keep running across the same info. I guess my main questions about rabbit are
1: have they gotten a driver for Illustrator or corel yet
2: do I have a better option than rabbit, perhaps something in the 12k range?
3: what kind of support does rabbitlaserusa provide?

Thanks guys!

Larry Bratton
02-08-2011, 10:04 PM
Dan,
Have you contacted James Jaragosky? He is the SMC Rabbit Laser guru. He's had one a couple of years now and I think he just recently bought another one or was thinking of it.

Dan Ashlin
02-08-2011, 10:09 PM
i did a week or two ago but havent heard back.

Mike Null
02-09-2011, 5:21 AM
Prices have dropped by as much as 25% on lasers. I'd be looking at another Trotec.

We also have another advertiser AP Laser, which has some neat features. Keith Outten can provide more info on that if you'd like to contact him.

Dan Ashlin
02-09-2011, 8:00 AM
I'd love to get a new trotec, but financially it just cant happen right now. I've had my business for a year, taking over for someone who was in business for 40. I'm on an extremely limited budget and I need to expand my capabilities to survive and grow. My current budget for a new laser is 12k or less, a new or used trotec would cost that much but would not up my wattage and would actually decrease my bed size. I know that Chinese lasers are not as reliable, but it seems that most people on here have good lick with them and most problems lay with learning curve or acces to readily available parts. I'm in pa and rabbitlaser USA is on Ohio, so it's not out of the question that they could come and deliver it for me and set it up. They should also be able to send parts quickly. I didn't know if anyone had experience with them as I'm sure the company will tell me that their service is great. I also didn't know if there was a similarly powered laser to the rabbit model I'm looking at that might be a little bit pricier but be a bit more sturdy or come from a more reliable source.

Peter Odell
02-09-2011, 8:09 AM
I have a Rabbit and I love it so far no prob. and the support is great and yes they do have a corel driver

Linda Tetreault
02-09-2011, 4:45 PM
Turnkey laser might be another option, check with Laserbuzz, they have one & seem very happy with it.

Gary Nicholls
02-09-2011, 11:58 PM
I have a Rabbit from Rabbit USA. I bought it about a year and a half ago. I went with the Rabbit because I could not afford a domestic machine and Ray has a stocked warehouse in Ohio. The owner of Rabbit USA is Ray and you could not ask for a nicer or more help full guy. He delivered and set up the machine, computer that came with it, then spent most of the day instructing me on its use. I had never ran a laser before then. He has always been available by phone or online to help with any questions. I had one issue with the machine after 10 months, the laser stopped firing on a Friday afternoon. I called Ray and explained what had happened and on Sunday morning he pulled into my drive way with a bunch of parts including a new tube just in case. Turned out a diode or something like that fried in the power supply. Ray put in a new one, machine has been working fine ever since. He gave me a few pointers on things I asked him and headed home, no cost to me. I have never regretted buying this machine. If you want to go into more detail and time talking, pm me and I will email you my phone number. Ray and his operation is first class all the way. My .02 cents from personnel dealings with him.

Dan Ashlin
02-10-2011, 8:34 AM
Thanks for all the replies and pms guys! That was what I neededto hear Gary! I did get a pm though pointing me to legacy lasers which turns out is only am hour from my shop! I'm going to go demo a laser next weekend and go from there, but from my phone conversation with dean he seems like a good guy and has already offered a few things which makes me think I can expect the same service as what you got from rabbitUSA. When it cones to Chinese machines I think the only hang up is service and readily available support. You really can't ask for more than having a tech in your back yard!

Neil Pabia
02-11-2011, 9:55 AM
For 12K you can pick up a new Epilog Zing and still have money left over for software, you can also pickup a demo Epilog mini for about 12K as well. They come with a full new warranty and so far I am happy with mine but I have heard mixed things on the Rabbits. The shop next door to me has one and they are now using me to do some of their work.

I feel that if you are going to buy a Rabbit laser, make sure you are buying it from a local, well established comopany that will be around to service it if needed, the guys next door to me dealt direct with someone in China and are on their own with everything when they have an issue. They also did their research based solely on price it seems and got what they paid for. One funny thing about their laser is the warning sticker on it says Epilog in the text, it is the same sticker that is on my machine.

I have no connection to any laser manufacturer, I'm just happy with the one I recently purchased and have done a large amount of research in order to make my selection.

Larry Bratton
02-11-2011, 10:02 AM
If you have 12k you can find better than Chinese. Come on man, buy an American made product. We need the work.

Peter Odell
02-11-2011, 10:20 AM
Buy American I am all for that. The only prob with that is all the parts come from other place and are not made in USA

Larry Bratton
02-11-2011, 12:26 PM
Maybe Peter, but I know when I need an Epilog part, it's here the next morning. Even if it was made in China they have to keep it in stock for manufacturing the machines.

Peter Odell
02-11-2011, 12:44 PM
Maybe Peter, but I know when I need an Epilog part, it's here the next morning. Even if it was made in China they have to keep it in stock for manufacturing the machines.

That holds true with Rabbit now there are two dist that carry all the parts needed for the Rabbits and if need be they will come and install it for you as well.

Dan Ashlin
02-11-2011, 6:50 PM
If you have 12k you can find better than Chinese. Come on man, buy an American made product. We need the work.

For 12K you can pick up a new Epilog Zing and still have money left over for software, you can also pickup a demo Epilog mini for about 12K as well.

Find me a 120w American laser with a bed size bigger than 12x24 and I'll gladly buy it.

Dan Hintz
02-11-2011, 7:45 PM
Find me a 120w American laser with a bed size bigger than 12x24 and I'll gladly buy it.
How about a 150W unit with a 18"x36" table? ULS sells one... got your checkbook out?

Dan Ashlin
02-12-2011, 8:33 AM
How about a 150W unit with a 18"x36" table? ULS sells one... got your checkbook out?

For 12k or under?

Larry Bratton
02-12-2011, 9:30 AM
For 12k or under?

I think Dan missed that part of your thread :)

Dan Ashlin
02-12-2011, 9:39 AM
I think Dan missed that part of your thread :)

I was gonna say! Either that or I want the name of his ULS rep!

Dan Hintz
02-12-2011, 5:34 PM
The statement quoted didn't specify a price, so I answered it as stated.

Dan Ashlin
02-12-2011, 10:24 PM
The statement quoted didn't specify a price, so I answered it as stated.

The quotes in that statement referred to the 12k three times though.

Dan Ashlin
07-16-2011, 11:49 AM
Finally bit the bullet and got an 80w reci from legacy lasers. Dean is an awesome guy, can't beat the price or service either. Check is in the mail Monday and we set off on this crazy adventure I've gotten myself into lol.

Craig Matheny
07-16-2011, 2:33 PM
Epilog is 100% US Made to my understanding

Scott Shepherd
07-16-2011, 7:54 PM
Epilog is 100% US Made to my understanding

To clarify, Assembled in the USA, not 100% US Made.

Mark Sipes
01-07-2012, 2:05 PM
What are your plans for the Old Trotec 25 ??