PDA

View Full Version : Builder Boards - Our Version

Dave Bonde
02-08-2011, 7:53 PM
We started an Industrial Technology Club at my school and our kickoff project was to build a Builder Board Playhouse for a local Preschool. We are planning to make custom fether pens as well (thanks again to all that donated feathers for the project) and that is still in the works, but the students decided it would be better to build a community project first. I had previously purchased Jack's Builder Board book after reading his article here at SMC and the students thought that would be a great project. The High School Industrial Tech students reclaimed the wood and steel from the gym bleachers that were being replaced and they donated some of the wood for our project. We have had very positive feedback from the community including a front page article about the project. If anyone is looking for a community service project I would highly recommend the builder boards.

Russell Johnson
02-08-2011, 10:16 PM
Awesome work. I totally want to make one of these for my son. I'll have to purchase Jack's book. Thank you for sharing.

John Fabre
02-09-2011, 3:26 AM
Nice job, my boys would go nuts over them.

Van Huskey
02-09-2011, 3:32 AM
Very cool.

Bill Davis
02-14-2011, 7:55 AM
Dave what kind of wood did you use and what method did you use to make all the knotches? How did the fit come out?

Bill Huber
02-14-2011, 9:06 AM
WOW, that is really nice, great job and it looks like the kids really like it.