PDA

View Full Version : Stone & Other Inlay Material - Best Sources

Edward Bartimmo
02-08-2011, 4:06 PM
Hello Everyone,

It has been some time since I last posted... It got to hot to turn in the garage so I picked up my scuba gear. Since mid-November it has been too cold to dive and just right temperature in the garage to get back behind the lathe.

I have been put in charge of the raffle for my local turning club in Houston. I have been given freedom to beg, plead, cajole, and bargain shop with a modest budget for items to fill out the club's raffle, which is it's big fund raiser. This year I have decided to change things up a bit by diversify the items offered to give the turners some exposure to new developments / trends in woodturning.

That said...where is everyone sourcing their inlay materials and colors? If you have a good source or idea I would appreciate you sharing it.

Thanks,
Edward

Bruce Pratt
02-08-2011, 4:45 PM
Ed,

I get my inlay materials from http://www.inlacebook.com/. No connection with the company.

------------

Bruce

Christopher K. Hartley
02-08-2011, 5:16 PM
Edward, I assume you are Gulf Coast. I am with Lonestar Woodturners out of the Woodlands. Try some of the various grains of colored Decor Sand and stones from any Michaels store.:)