PDA

View Full Version : VE-810XD and EGX Roland 350 experiences

Rony Nemi
02-08-2011, 2:27 PM
Hi!
I am looking for any advise about the two models on the title.
I have a laser engraver, with its metal engraving limitations...so, at this moment I have the idea to buy one of those models...
As the cost in my country is very similar between both machines, I would appreciate any comments from users...problems? advantages?
Thanks to all!!! ;)

Rony

Tony Lenkic
02-08-2011, 3:35 PM
Either one would do the job, however I would suggest you look at Xenetech 1313 machine.

Mike Null
02-08-2011, 5:06 PM
Also have a look at Newing Hall and Vision.

Ron Fairbanks
02-09-2011, 3:42 AM
I love my 6 yr old VE-810XD. Can't help on the Roland.

Nick Michalares
02-11-2011, 10:59 AM
I am a little biased, I work for Vision in Technical support, but I have been engraving for about 40 years. I saw one of the Roland machines in our engineering department. The head engineer said they are made with the same movement (motors, drive electronics) they use for printers. Our equipment uses stepper motors, uses the same electronics as our bigger machines. They are over engineered for what they do. Check the software, also. I am not a fan of Dr. Engrave or whatever that is they use. You can download a demo version of our software, Vision Pro 8, from our web site and try it, free of charge.

Rony Nemi
03-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Thank you all for your comments. During february I was analyzing about the possibility to use a Roland MDX-40A to perform 3d works and also to use as engraver. At this moment I am trying to define the way to follow...
Rony

Rodne Gold
03-04-2011, 11:20 PM
The Roland engravers are pretty much toys , they do work but are not workhorses.