PDA

View Full Version : Need blower/exhaust advice.

Don Young
02-08-2011, 10:21 AM
I am very new to engraving and waiting on my new Jamieson 640 to arrive. In the meantime, I need to set up an exhaust sytem in the basement, with close access to the outside. Is there a reliable blower (other than Harbor Freight) that I can use to vent it through the wall via 4 inch flexible duct ? I can already see that this forum will be a huge help for me in the upcoming months and years. Thanks so much.

Dan Hintz
02-08-2011, 11:25 AM
Penn State Industries is one (I picked up their DC2000B, best bang for the buck, IMO). Also try Rockler, Woodcraft, and plenty more will be suggested...

You want to look at their CFM vs. pressure charts, not just a single advertised max CFM value.

Tony Lenkic
02-08-2011, 3:20 PM
Don if you have to use flexible duct use as little as possible and rest should be solid duct. Do not use dryer vent kit as it may collapse with suction.

Don Young
02-08-2011, 3:25 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I will certainly abide by that.

Robert Walters
02-08-2011, 3:44 PM
Do not use dryer vent kit as it may collapse with suction.

and catch on fire too

Chris S Martin
02-08-2011, 4:59 PM
Hey Don, Welcome to the forum not sure what your looking for but I just hooked up my 60w laser in the basement and have a Harbor Freight 1hp dust collector with a router adjustment control on it. It works great. I have it going from the laser out a window that goes out under my porch then out the side about 20ft.