PDA

View Full Version : question about splitters

dale rex
01-16-2005, 9:03 AM
Been looking to buy a Biesemeyer splitter(I had one on my contractor saw)for my new Unisaw. I am reading lately that the Delta removable splitter is a very good deal,and alot cheaper than the Biesemeyer. Is this splitter as well constructed, and as functional as the Biese? I have looked for them online and cant find them anywhere. I understand that it is something that you have to order from Delta. Anybody that has one have any pics , so I can see what they look like? I am interested in seeing one installed on someones saw. Thanks, Dale

Jim Becker
01-16-2005, 11:48 AM
The Delta spitter is lighter in weight than the Biesemeyer, but a very nice, functional and affordable solution. It also will work with any thin kerf blades you happen to have hanging around from your contractors' style saw. The Biesemeyer (which I love) only supports full kerf blades.

Stefan Antwarg
01-16-2005, 12:54 PM
In a recent issue of Wood, the Delta splitter did not fair too well.. The Biesemeyer and the Merlin ebded up on top, with the Delta coming in third. If you want to know what the issues were, let me know.

Stefan

Stefan Antwarg
01-16-2005, 1:52 PM
It's issue 155. Actually it came in last. But I know that real world use is different from their splitting hairs reviews.