PDA

View Full Version : Wood turning blanks

Michael James
02-07-2011, 10:02 PM
I had never heard of this place and Michelle (here) was asking if anyone knew anything about them. I looked them up and found they were just down the road from where I was going to be for a few days in Florida, so I went on a field trip. Steve and Dianne are super nice people with a great selection of wood, and you should check them out if you're looking for green wood ready to ship. They have a lot more blanks than I'm posting.
Steve took me over to his lathe area, showed me some nice pieces he's turned and gave me the history of why a SW form seedpot has such a small hole. I could have stayed all day and yacked, but they probably would have put me to work......
Always nice to get some face time with folks you do business with and I encouraged them to join in over here and maybe get involved.
Check them out at woodturningblanks4U com

mj

ps - I got a nice selection of various maples, rosewood, NIP, red gum and pecan. I paid regular prices, no discount and I am not affiliated with them.
Oh yeah, there's some scrap Ipe pieces my cousin found that I should be able to get a pen or 2 out of.(shown with "my wood")

Bernie Weishapl
02-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Michael you are right. They do have some nice blanks and are great to deal with. Their ambrosia maple and NIP is really nice.

David E Keller
02-07-2011, 10:46 PM
I'd be like a fat kid in a candy store in that place! Looks like you made it out with a nice selection, and we'll be patiently waiting for you to finish and post them. I'll have to check them out next time I get the urge for Norfolk pine.

Tim Thiebaut
02-08-2011, 12:45 AM
Looks like they have a great selection, I need to order some wood soon, there is a lot I want to try and cant find it localy...but I am a little scared to find out what the shipping will cost me to colorado!

John Keeton
02-08-2011, 7:18 AM
Just what I need - another great wood source to suck money out of my wallet!!! Nice haul, Michael, but I didn't see any of those burls in your stack.

Michelle Rich
02-08-2011, 7:42 AM
Hi Michael: I did order from them & the wood was very very nice. They were also very nice to deal with. I called in my order & got Dianne. She was great. So I give them a thumbs up. The UPS is a killer tho, as the wood is wet & heavy.

Faust M. Ruggiero
02-08-2011, 7:47 AM
Michael,
Don't hold us in suspense. Why is the hole in a SW seed pot do small?
fmr

Don McClure
02-08-2011, 8:12 AM
I was there about 2 weeks ago and brought home a great variety of Florida woods. Wonderful people to work with. I also took pictures to post, but Micha3el beat me to it.