PDA

View Full Version : computer program

MARK D Sullivan
02-07-2011, 7:48 PM
I am getting back into building custom cabinets. I am looking for a good reasonable computer program for showing customers new layouts of rooms and new cabinet layouts. I appreciate any feedback thanks sully

Carl Babel
02-07-2011, 8:09 PM
Sully,

I would try using Google's SketchUp. It comes in two flavors: free and professional. There is a lot of support out there for the woodworking community on using this tool.

I know that it is not for everyone, but it did come in my price ;-)

Good luck in your search!
Carl

Jim Summers
02-07-2011, 9:50 PM
I have seen a show on HGTV where some dude goes into a property and remodels, generally the basement and turns it into a place that the homeowner can rent out. It seems like he would show three options on a macbook. You might watch for the show and see if it is in the credits or anything.

Peter Elliott
02-07-2011, 10:00 PM
http://www.cabinetplanner.com/

I used this a lot in the past and the owner/software developer answers any tech question very quick.. I found it easy to do layouts, 3D, etc. Also use it for cutlist and take offs for all your parts.. For the $$, it's hard to beat. For me the next step would $1000 to $5000 software like KCDW.. I tried ECabinet, etc.. and there is a steep learning curve for the this level.

The developer was a cabinet maker and over 600 cabinet shops use his software. It's quick, good and gives you great info.
-Peter

Andrew Kertesz
02-08-2011, 6:53 AM
If you have an educational institution email address, ie: joe@yadda.edu you can buy SketchUp Pro for $49.00.