PDA

View Full Version : A few random questions

Annette Plamondon
02-07-2011, 3:53 PM
I am new to engraving!

How do I made wood that I laser engrave look dark? I heard some people use shoe polish.

Also, a customer is looking for a perpetual plaque in the shape of a house, is there such item out there?

Thanks

Martin Boekers
02-07-2011, 4:03 PM
If you use the search function in the forum and search under fills you will find quite a bit about that.
You can search videos under You Tube as there are quite a few posted there also.

As for Perp Plaques, the easiest is to make it yourself. That way you can control the design and size.

Welcome aboard!

Marty

Dee Gallo
02-07-2011, 4:21 PM
Welcome to the Creek, Annette! What Martin said - yes - and you can buy the individual perpetual nameplates of you don't want to make them yourself (JDS has them for like 30-40¢ a piece, for example), but you should be able to make the house shape easily using CorelDraw.

Please post a picture when you're done, we'd love to see it!

cheers, dee

Bill Overturf
02-07-2011, 11:14 PM
If you dont have the means to actually make the plaque yourself design it up in corel and take it to your local high schools shop class kids are always lookin for fun projects like that. Thats how we do all our one off plaques

Mike Null
02-08-2011, 5:26 AM
Annette

Welcome to SMC. I suggest you do some heavy reading searching the forum for colorfills and lasering wood.

Please post your location.

Jim Coffee
02-09-2011, 12:24 AM
Bill...

This is an excellent concept...thanks for posting. Great idea!

If you dont have the means to actually make the plaque yourself design it up in corel and take it to your local high schools shop class kids are always lookin for fun projects like that. Thats how we do all our one off plaques

Annette Plamondon
02-09-2011, 10:16 AM
Thank You everyone. The system I am using must be different than a lot of yours because I do not use Coral Draw for anything :confused:

I have the Gravograph LS100EX laser and the IS400 rotary. I use GravoStyle 6 for my program.