PDA

View Full Version : General 50-250/260

Bob Johnson2
01-15-2005, 9:59 PM
Has anyone seen or heard anything about this unit? At a WW show today the General rep was telling me it's built to compete with the Unisaw, same trunions I'm told. He showed me the 2 parts breakdowns and they do look the same but that's just according to 2 sheets of paper. Unfortunatly I can't find one to check out and there is next to nothing on the internet about it. I can get a good deal on it in a couple weeks but not sight unseen especially with the lack of any other data.

Jim Barrett
01-15-2005, 10:12 PM
Take a look at the General web site: www.general.ca (http://www.general.ca) The saw is imported by General International.

Jim

skip gleichman
01-16-2005, 11:53 PM
I don't know much about that model except for seeing one once at the local Woodcraft store. I do have a model 50-220 which I absolutely love and imagine that the 50-260 is even more of a good thing. I can attest to the fence system, the perfect cast iron table and the power of even the smaller 2HP motor. If I would have had some extra bucks (before x-mas), I might have gone for the 50-260 but I am totally happy with my saw.

Frank Pellow
01-17-2005, 7:06 AM
Skip, I see that the above is your first posting to Saw Mill Creek. Let me be the first to welcome you to the friendliest and most helpful woodworker's forum on the internet.