PDA

View Full Version : Files Won't Transfer to Laser

Dianne Mitchell
02-07-2011, 9:36 AM
Everything was going great with my Epilog 40. Now all of a sudden my files won't transfer to the laser. I am using Corel and also trying pdfs. Tried unplugging USB from computer...nothing seems to work.
Help.

Martin Boekers
02-07-2011, 9:48 AM
USB seems to have issues, best to work with an Ethernet connection.

I rarely have had such issues with Ethernet and when did a quick restart
of the computer and laser got me running!

Hope this helps.

Marty

Dianne Mitchell
02-07-2011, 10:42 AM
Thanks Marty, I'll give it a try.

D

Dianne Mitchell
02-07-2011, 11:02 AM
Marty...I only have one ethernet port on my iMac and it's being used for cable modem. Is there a hub I can use?

D

Bill Jermyn
02-07-2011, 11:06 AM
You'd need a switch. They're widely available at electronics stores.

Chris DeGerolamo
02-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Marty...I only have one ethernet port on my iMac and it's being used for cable modem. Is there a hub I can use?

D

I would try the ethernet first (pull out the cable modem) to eliminate other causes/ making sure the USB cable is the issue.

Dianne Mitchell
02-07-2011, 11:57 AM
Thanks Chris...next on my list.

D

Dianne Mitchell
02-07-2011, 12:23 PM
No luck with the ethernet....would re-installing the Epilog drivers be an option?

Larry Bratton
02-07-2011, 12:45 PM
Diane,
Did you do the setup procedure for the ethernet? Its not like a USB cable, USB is recognized as plug and play, ethernet is not. Read your manual if you didn't go through the process.

You are using a Mac? I am not a Mac user so I don't know much about using one with Epilog drivers.

Dianne Mitchell
02-07-2011, 2:55 PM
Yes I did the protocol and then confirmed with a tech at Epilog. I've been on the line to them for about 1.5 hours and they've determined it's the motherboard and needs to be replaced. We've only been operating this machine since late November or early December. Go figure. $400 deposit required to ensure they get the old motherboard returned. I am so stressed I could either cry, scream or drink. I'm thinking a keg of cheap wine might help me through this.

But thanks to everyone who gave me advice. It's much appreciated.

Larry Bratton
02-07-2011, 6:29 PM
Yikes..pain in the you know what. I understand Epilogs policy but don't necessarily agree with it. Wait til you have to replace the tube..they will tie up a nice chunk of your money for several days. I got mine replaced a couple of years ago and I remember the pain. At least you will have it resolved.

Dianne Mitchell
02-08-2011, 11:24 AM
UPDATE...this problem bugged me so much I got up at 3 am and re-installed Parallels and Windows...lo and behold I am operational today! I feel so much better not having to shell out the money and even better about solving it myself. I just found it difficult to accept that the motherboard could go so quickly.
So thanks everyone for your advice.

Anthony Scira
02-08-2011, 12:04 PM
Actually electronics usually fail early in life or run forever.
Congrats on resolving the problem !

Dee Gallo
02-08-2011, 1:44 PM
Congratulations Dianne, that mother board possibly going so soon was worrisome! Glad it was a "relatively" easy fix, even though you had to lose sleep over it. Darned technology! Have you considered using Bootcamp as an alternative to Parallels? I found after I switched all my troubles disappeared.

cheers, dee

Dianne Mitchell
02-08-2011, 3:58 PM
Thanks Anthony!