PDA

View Full Version : Removal of Threads

Gene Hobbs
02-07-2011, 9:18 AM
I am not trying to be a smart butt here but, In todays economy I come here looking for somthing to try and help someone out and my post gets tagged and removed because it was said that it was a want ad. Well look at every other post on this board. Someone is wanting somthing. If I have to pay a site to post. looking for someone who can handle a big job that I can't. I will just lurk from here on in. I thought this site was for helping each other out. I would imagine that most these people that post looking for somthing are not Contributors. So good luck on this site staying up.

Thats sad
Gene Hobbs

Dan Hintz
02-07-2011, 9:29 AM
Gene,

As I mentioned in the other thread this was posted in... a request for services is a want ad, whereas a request for material suggestions is not. I think you can see the difference.

Gene Hobbs
02-07-2011, 9:55 AM
Dan
I understand what your saying. I'm not mad I just wanted to know the difference in want ad and not. So I can come here looking for clipart or a certian drawing and thats not a want ad? Just trying to get what we can post that we are looking for. I would much rather see someone offering work to someone here that might need it, than someone wanting clipart. But thats ok. I guess I get the idea, it's the rules.

Mike Null
02-07-2011, 10:11 AM
Gene

I didn't pull your thread but it was clearly a want ad. Our rules are: if you want to post ads you must be a contributing member. The minimum contribution is $6 per year. Ads cannot be commercial and all ads must be placed in the Classified forum only. Asking for assistance where there is no cash transaction expected is not considered to be advertising. Moderators will make that determination.

I would also suggest that you peruse our Friends of the Creek roster for members who might be able to provide the service you need.

Sandy Henry
02-07-2011, 12:01 PM
I LOVE this site!! Most valuable "laser stuff" resourse I've found...and I've been "laser loco" for 13 years!
It better stay up!

Martin Boekers
02-07-2011, 12:39 PM
I thought this site was for helping each other out. I would imagine that most these people that post looking for somthing are not Contributors. So good luck on this site staying up.

Thats sad
Gene Hobbs

Gene I don't mean to be a butt head either, but if you do a little research, this sight's first post (as far as I can tell) was in 2003.
From your join date you have been onboard from 2007, so has some lasting qualities.

This sight is well worth the minimum cost of $6 a year, (that's about 1.5 cents a day) there are tons of valuable info that are shared
amongst the members here. I may be presuming something, but I don't think that it is a stretch to say most everyone here (contributing
or not) has found help on this forum. Forums have to have a TOS we all abide by. I've been around for about 5 years and yes, I to
have had posts removed and or moved. It happens sometimes.

I hope you reconsider to quit participating because of your feelings on this. This forum is only as good as those who participate, and
everyone has something to share.

Marty