PDA

View Full Version : is it just me or was this year's super bowl kinda boring?

Neal Clayton
02-06-2011, 10:29 PM
and not just cause the saints weren't in it...

you expect to see huge plays like the pick on payton manning or the catch on the side of the helmet by david tyree and it just never happened.

pittsburgh's secondary got beat a lot, and their offense turned it over a lot, and that about sums it up.

the only player who seemed worthy of being there was aaron rodgers.

also i don't know why the NFL would pick a musical act for the halftime show that needs a datacenter full of electronics to even attempt to pull off a live show.

then again last year they picked a british band for america's biggest sporting event, so i guess i shouldn't be surprised (and yes i like the who, but it didn't really fit).

and as much as we hear about jerry's stadium, i really dislike it. it might be great if you're there, i don't live there and haven't been to a game there so i don't know. but to the TV audience it's like there's not even a crowd in there. you can't hear anything. maybe i'm just old fashioned, but i don't go to a football game to watch the game on TV. i don't see the fascination with a poorly designed stadium with a really big TV in the middle of it.

Matt Radtke
02-06-2011, 10:40 PM
Half time show? Heh, my family turned off the TV at halftime. Didn't even care.

As far as boring, clearly you weren't a fan of the teams. We were up and down the whole time.

Rick Potter
02-07-2011, 3:57 AM
Agree with Matt. I am nowhere near being a sports fan, and only watch two games a year, the Rose Bowl and the Super Bowl. I thought it was a great game, a nail biter till the end. Ahhh, of course this does not apply to the half time show and the abysmal National Anthem singing.

Rick Potter

Bill Leonard
02-07-2011, 7:47 AM
Thankfully I missed the opening National Anthem, or maybe I didn't "miss" it. I thought the game was one of the best in recent years, but halftime show--well--. Whomever produced that - spectacle -, must have had a serious rectal cranial inversion. I've been to two County Fairs and a Hog Callin', and ain't never seen nothin' like that. Not only was it visually cluttered and distracting, but lacked any semblance of talent. Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction" was infinitely more entertaining than the fiasco.

Marty Paulus
02-07-2011, 7:56 AM
Sorry to disagree but the Pittsburg didn't seem to have much desire to win. They didn't play well. The half time show was a joke. The sound was so far off it took away from show.

Curt Harms
02-07-2011, 8:22 AM
Agree with Matt. I am nowhere near being a sports fan, and only watch two games a year, the Rose Bowl and the Super Bowl. I thought it was a great game, a nail biter till the end. Ahhh, of course this does not apply to the half time show and the abysmal National Anthem singing.

Rick Potter

I thought the game was pretty good. There weren't a lot of offensive fireworks because both defenses are very good. The National Anthem was sorry, the half time show was worse.

Rob Steffeck
02-07-2011, 12:36 PM
Its just you. :-)

Jeff Monson
02-07-2011, 12:55 PM
I thought it was a great game also. Would have been even better without the interceptions, but thats the nature of the beast. The anthem was horrible, I wish they would just get good local talent instead of big name artists.

Gary Hodgin
02-07-2011, 1:15 PM
Very good game. I don't think either team played their best game of the season, but it was exciting and went down to the last couple of minutes. Not the best super bowl ever, but definitely better than a lot.