PDA

View Full Version : Sources for LED Night Lights

James Terry
02-05-2011, 9:58 PM
We are all now familiar with the $2.88 GE LED Night Light 10937 that Walmart sells. Looking around, I found some other colors in that series, each with a different acrylic top. I am curious if anyone has experienced these and if any might be preferred over the blue? I havent yet found the same low-cost base in white either.

10931 RED
10933 GREEN
10935 ORANGE
10937 BLUE

I am curious what others of you have found as a lower cost LED base to use with acrylic. Is there a Leviton equivalent? Other makes? Wholesale source? Some folks are selling custom units on Ebay rather cheap so they must have a decent source for bases.

Mike Christen
02-06-2011, 9:35 AM
Good question, I have found #4 at walmart but none of the other ones. Just did a quick search and have not find any on e-bay either. I like the one from walmart, the stock acrylic piece is easy to replace.

Kevin Baker
02-06-2011, 4:49 PM
Found this website, seems to be direct ...

http://www.jascoproducts.com/products/pc/showsearchresults.asp?resultCnt=15&keyword=10937&search.x=16&search.y=2

Kevin

Dan Hill
02-06-2011, 9:33 PM
I got a price from Jasco of $1.58 ea. for 500 pc. order with free shipping. $1.68 ea. for 250.

James Terry
02-07-2011, 1:20 AM
I wonder if they would consider drop shipping the order in parts to make it easier to share between a few of us folks?

Shawn Conklin
02-08-2011, 2:49 PM
FYI. Avoid non branded cheapo ones from ebay. That is probably something that goes without saying but I figured I would take a chance and picked up a few styles of no-name LED night lights off ebay shipped from china. Concept is nice ... led with acrylic design and they have the light sensor (I don't like the ge ones because they never go off ... I don't care what they claim energy wise) but ... they are ultra low quality. The plastic is thin and not cleaned from the molds well in addition the wiring is questionable. I don't feel comfortable plugging them in myself much less selling them to someone !

As far as the GE ones ... can someone confirm that the colored ones actually have colored LED's? It seems to me by the pics that they may all be the same base but with the acrylic colored?

Dee Gallo
02-08-2011, 3:09 PM
Shawn,

There are two sold by Walmart. The GE one with the "waterfall" design is the only one I've ever seen there and the LED is definitely blue. It is easy to replace with your own acrylic. I wish they had the other colors, but I've never seen them. You plug it in, it's on - you unplug it, it's off. No switch.

The Mainstays one is a white light with colored extruded acrylic (does not raster well), and is auto on/off... if you want to replace the acrylic, it has to be removed by taking out very tiny cheapo screws (not easy).

cheers, dee

James Terry
02-12-2011, 3:52 PM
... (I don't like the ge ones because they never go off ... I don't care what they claim energy wise)
I think if you did some testing you would find that the light sensor itself takes more energy to operate than the LED does running all the time. But it's all minuscule either way. I prefer the always on ones for the LED lights because I like to be able to see the art work all the time. If you are going to spend $15 on a thing, you might as well be able to enjoy it.

As far as the GE ones ... can someone confirm that the colored ones actually have colored LED's? It seems to me by the pics that they may all be the same base but with the acrylic colored?All of the colored ones are clear acrylic. The package is printed with the color behind the acrylic to give an idea of what it looks like.

Mike Chance in Iowa
02-18-2011, 9:44 PM
While looking for an odd-sized light bulb replacement in several local stores and not having any luck, I was just about ready to give up but decided to go into the Kmart and give it one last try. Not only did I find the light bulb I needed, but I also saw 1 of the blue "waterfall" LED Night Lights in the same aisle. They had several other GE night lights, so it's possible they stock it on a regular basis.

James Terry
02-19-2011, 2:13 PM
One could also ask them to order the colors for you I'm sure.

bill gervais
03-05-2011, 9:18 AM
:DHi all,
I ran across this site nationalartcraftdotcom by acident. Good pricing on most items. Lots of options for nite lights and adaptable. UL and CSA listed.