PDA

View Full Version : Static and Oneway 1018 drive

Michael Armstrong
02-05-2011, 7:27 PM
I need some help. Today I was doing some buffing on my 1018 and went to hit the stop button. There was a discharge of static electricity and now the lathe only turns really slowly. Have I zapped the speed potentiometer or have I done something more serious. If it is just the speed pot is this something that I might be able to puchase at an electronics shop? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as I need to get this up and running asap.

Thanks
Michael

Jon McElwain
02-07-2011, 11:31 AM
Sorry to hear about your trouble with the lathe. I would be tempted to pull the cover off the speed pot and have a look to see if there is anything loose etc. That speed pot/on off assembly is assembled by hand so there is always a potential for something to be loose. I had a problem with my Oneway remote start switch a while back. I called and they were extremely helpful. I ended up talking with a guy for a half hour troubleshooting the issue (I assumed it was the drive). I would recommend calling - I bet they do the same thing with you. Top notch customer service from those guys.

I see that this post is a couple of days old - perhaps you have found the source of your problem already. I would be interested in hearing what the issue was.

Michael Armstrong
02-07-2011, 12:12 PM
Jon:
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to call them this afternoon. I had sent them an email with my phone number hoping they might call me instead but that's okay. I've always had great service from Oneway and expect that will be the same this time. I'll let you know the outcome.
Michael

Michael Armstrong
02-11-2011, 2:20 PM
Update for anyone interested.
Well It wasn't the speed pot that was the problem. Took the drive etc. to Oneway this morning and Kevin is packaging it up and sending it to the manufacturer to figure out why it is stuck in slow speed. That means at least another week with no lathe grrrrrrrrr.
Michael

Steve Vaughan
02-11-2011, 2:47 PM
Good luck with it! Hope you get it back quick. Don't know much about the oneways but wonder why they couldn't give you a loaner drive?

Bernie Weishapl
02-11-2011, 2:56 PM
Michael hope things get repaired quickly. Bummer no lathe.