PDA

View Full Version : Classified Rules: Removed / moved threads? where do they go?

Derby Matthews
02-05-2011, 5:50 PM
Was On classifieds and noticed a thread started about a certain commercial entity that had unexpectedly started an (apparently significant) price reduction on some products. Was going to post response number three to this thread when I noticed it had vanished. I'm guessing it violated the "no commercial ads" rule for classifieds. Well and fair. Couldn't find it moved to Deals and Discounts, or anywhere else in the forum and am curious what happens to these. Do they just get pulled or is there some Forum Purgatory to which they get consigned?
Just curious...

Dan Hintz
02-05-2011, 8:23 PM
They typically get moved to the moderator-only forum... while there, they may be edited and placed back out for public consumption, or they may end up in the back pasture.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-05-2011, 9:50 PM
Derby,

It really depends on why they are moved.

Threads that have a time limit say....in the Deals and Discounts...after a time they get deleted

Threads in the Classifieds get deleted periodically...

Threads that are moved due to the nature of the thread ....or repeated violations of the TOSs get moved to the Moderator's Forum. Depending on the informational value of the thread, the offending posts may get edited or deleted and the thread moved back.

In this last case, often I and other Mods try to send a PM explaining reason for the threads movement to the OP. If we are especially busy, this may not happen but it is rare. In these cases, the Mod who moves the thread to the Moderator Forum will often add a post to the thread requesting other Moderators' opinions about whether the thread should remain there or be edited and returned for public viewing and commentary.