PDA

View Full Version : Flea Markets and Auction Houses in Ohio

Andrew Nemeth
02-04-2011, 9:15 PM
I'm new to the neander side and would like to find some quality tools to get started with. Does anyone know of any flea-markets or auction houses in Ohio that might be a good place to start looking?

Thanks again for all your help,
Andrew

Jim Paulson
02-04-2011, 9:32 PM
Hi Andrew,

There is a good one in Springfield, Ohio, that in the past always had a good number of antique tool vendors. They probably have a website. The Woodworking Show this weekend in Columbus (at the Expo Center) would give you some contacts as well. I am hoping to get there on Saturday. http://cms.thewoodworkingshows.com/cms/Home/ColumbusOH/tabid/73/Default.aspx

Jim

Richard Kee
02-04-2011, 9:43 PM
Andrew,

About his time last year, I met several gentlemen in Heritage Square Antique Mall on Brice Road in Columbus. Thay had just left an Ohio Tool Collectors meeting that was held in Pickerington. They led me to believe that there was a lot of vintage woodworking hand tools available at that meeting.

Fast forward to this year and there'll be a meeting in Lewis Center on Sunday, Feb 27. A Google search will provide specific meeting location and information. I plan on being at that meeting and hope to find a few tools then. Meanwhile, if there's something in particular that you're looking for, shoot me a PM as I have some tools available - not as much as I had a couple of weeks ago as I sold more than $500.00 worth on Woodnet. Also, I'm local - Blacklick.

Richard

Charles Murray Ohio
02-05-2011, 8:52 AM
Richard,

It's about time you went to a meeting (call me, we might be able to ride together). The cost to get into an OTC meeting is $10.00 (this pays for the room). This spring it's located at ; Little Bear Country Club, 1940 S. Old State Rd. Lewis Center 43035. The meeting (it's more like a swap meet) starts at 8:00 AM. If you become a member ($15.00 a year), you can sell. If anyone is looking for something in particular, let me know (Ihave some woodies I am bringing)

Charles