PDA

View Full Version : belated gloat

Deane Allinson
02-04-2011, 3:36 PM
20 degrees in North Texas and too cold for unheated shop. I'm bored..........Tales of the bay... I was skimming through the popular auction site a few months ago. I don't know why but I was looking through the tool box area. I noticed a large homemade tool box listed in Deadwood, ND. There seemed to be a large hand saw in the top section along with 2 smaller saws. I emailed him to ask if the saws were part of the auction, yes, and would he sell one by its self, no. The estimated shipping cost was $250.00 to TX. Starting bid $35.00. I ended up being the only bidder. Emailed him to just send the big saw and keep the tool box. Total cost $45.00 A week later it ended up being what I thought it was. A very clean 28 inch #12 Disston 5 /12 pt. Philada. I was happy.
Deane

Jim Koepke
02-04-2011, 3:45 PM
Did he also show that there was nothing in the drawers?

For that price you could have maybe had him send the other two saws and the level.

Looks like a pretty good deal just for the saw.

jtk

James Taglienti
02-04-2011, 11:58 PM
Is that a panther head on the saw in the back there?

Tony Shea
02-05-2011, 12:08 PM
Is that a panther head on the saw in the back there?

I think it is. Good eye. I certainly think you made out incredibly well on that saw purchase. I've searched high and low for a #12 at a decent price with very little luck. They are one of the best feeling saws I've ever had the pleasure of using. I might check out what else is in that box that he'd sell, especially the panther head saw.

Deane Allinson
02-05-2011, 1:48 PM
No Panther heads there, Just a couple of well used D-8's . I did several emails back and forth and blew up the low res. image and enhanced before I bid. It does have progressive teeth and a belly with a full plate. I was just looking for a big rip and this certainly fit the bill.
Deane